RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
PhotoKaz

Switch From Laptop/ipad To Sp3

PhotoKaz

I just posted some thoughts about making the switch from my Lenovo X1 Carbon and iPad 4 to a Surface Pro 3.  Overall, a great experience so far.

http://photokaz.com/2014/10/making-the-switch-laptop-ipad-to-surface-pro-3/

I do have some issues, mostly with pairing the pen.  No matter what I try it doesn't work, three calls with MS have not helped :)  The fun continues...

Mike

WolfJT

What kind of issues are you having with the pen? I've not had any problems with mine.

PhotoKaz

It won't pair, long story.  MS Enterprise Tech had remote control of my Surface for two hours still couldn't get it working.  MS is checking it out.

WolfJT

Wow, time for another Pen and if that doesn't help maybe a new Surface. Seems like the BT radio could be messed up.

SurfaceProArtist

Did I read your blog correctly that this is your second SP3 with the same issue. Very weird. The good news is that pairing is only necessary if you plan to use the pen top button to launch OneNote. Is that feature important to you?

PhotoKaz

Did I read your blog correctly that this is your second SP3 with the same issue. Very weird. The good news is that pairing is only necessary if you plan to use the pen top button to launch OneNote. Is that feature important to you?

It's the second pen, still on the same Surface. The button launching OneNote is not a show stopper, which is why I'm still using the device but it would be nice.  I'm replacing my iPad (plus Jot Script stylus and GoodNotes) as my note taking tool so the integration would be nice.

SurfaceProArtist

Sounds like a bad bluetooth antenna then. Do any other bluetooth devices work with your SP3?

PhotoKaz

I don't have any other BT devices to test with at this time.

autodrivel

What about a cell phone? If you can pair that then it would confirm that the bluetooth on your Surface is okay and the issue is the stylus

dhbailey

I find that in the Devices screen it shows the pen as unconnected, yet whenever I click the end button OneNote still pops up, so I'm not concerned about it showing as unconnected.