RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Screen Protection For Surface Pro 3

miwa

Hello, 

could someone recommend a screen protection for a surface pro 3. I would love to have a less glare and more paper feel. Or more rough surface like on the cintiq companion... I will use my surface mostly for drawing. 

Thanks for any suggestions.. 

Greatings miwa

Several artists I respect have recommended Tech Armor screen protectors. I haven't installed them myself. I've never managed to apply a screen protector without leaving behind dust or bubbles.

Thanks for your recommendation..:-) 

I saw in another topic that you are recommending the i5 with 8GB and 256 GB Storage. Here in germany that kind of version is 600 euros cheaper than the i7 version with 512G Storage. Thats actually a lot. Now I am insecure which version to choose. I think for my drawing (Manga Studio, Photoshop) and programming (HTML 5 Games) the i5 would be enough... Even if I edit bigger fotos in photoshop or I am editing a video in premier.. What would you say ? 

Plan B is : buying the i5 version and a USB3 1 TB external storage... Then I would have enough space but also to carry around the storage and perhaps a usb hub...

I think the speed of an USB3 Storage is good enough to work directly on the external drive ?

I think you'll be happy with the i5. I haven't edited much video on the SP3, though, so that may benefit from the extra horsepower. If you plan to attach external storage, I recommend the docking station. http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/accessories/pro3-docking-station

I'd also add a large microSD card to store your documents and projects.

Thanks a lot ... 

So you have a i5 and you are happy with that? I should do the same. Do you recommend to work directly from microSD card? Is it fast enough ? Or do you use it for storing data like mp3s or documents and stuff?

Thanks in advance...

Loading and saving to the microSD card is slightly slower but I prefer the peace of mind of not running out of disk space on the system drive. If you've visited my site, you know I have to load and test A LOT of programs. I assign the entire user folder to the microSD, so all documents, pictures, videos and downloads go to it. I also recommend getting accustomed to OneDrive for cloud storage and syncing between Windows devices.

• Like 1