RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Annie

Mousepad Turns Into Zoom Wheel, Suspends Operation.

Annie

I'm not using my mouse correctly or am otherwise ignorant of something that is happening that is costing me a lot of productivity. I have a power type cover on a Pro2. Say that I am using the mousepad to navigate around the screen, tap it in a text box, do some typing, then navigate again. I have two behaviors that happen so often that I bet it will happen while I write this:

1. I cannot navigate and instead the mousepad turns into a wheel. Now, I can only zoom in or out and can no longer navigate. I've found that certain apps and webpages treat the wheel differently (some don't zoom, but do other things instead), making this a very hard behavior to recognize because it can take some time before I realize, "This is that wheel thing, again".
  2. The cursor disappears entirely.

I have to constantly snap off the cover and then snap it back on. The time to figure out what is happening, snap off, snap on, is significant. Because I have to do it relatively often, I'm actually thinking of abandoning Surface the next time I shop for a computer. BUT, this could be a general problem with how I use a mousepad, any mousepad on any Win8.1 computer. Maybe I just don't understand some intended behavior?  I know that the cover is not broken in any way because I have had the same behavior with 3 different surfaces and 3 different covers (one of the covers was not powered).

Has anyone else seen this? The only setting I've found is to turn down the "scroll number of lines" option to 1.

callihan44

are you using one or two fingers? The only issue Ive had with the trackpad is on rare occasion it seemed overly sensitive in metro and would scroll ultra fast