RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Lethbridge

Rotation Lock

Lethbridge

I have the I7 Pro 3, and I cannot get the rotation lock to work. When I look at the setting, it shows it as being locked, but the screen still rotates.

When I am in landscape, if I try to press the rotation lock button, I can only adjust brightness. When I press it in portrait, it shows rotation lock as being disabled.

Interestingly, if the lock is on, and I rotate the device, the screen still rotates, but if I rotate it all the way around (so that the windows logo is on the left), the screen rotates back to the original, and is now upside down.

Anybody else experience this?

callihan44

strange, when you open the right side charms bar does it show the screen locked there?

Lethbridge

That's the only place I have been checking. I thought it was back to working for a few days, but today it is acting different again.

When I opened the charms bar, the rotation lock icon is showing the lock, but it is grayed out. Pressing it only allows me to change the screen brightness, same as when I first encountered this issue. But this time when I rotate the device into portrait mode, the screen didn't rotate, but the icon then became active. I pressed the icon and unlocked the rotation, and the screen rotated properly, but now I can't relock the screen rotation.

Getting kinda stumped on this one.