RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
StlLooking

Surface Pro And Pro 2 Compatibility

StlLooking

Hi, had my Pro 2 stolen a few weeks back and have not yet replaced it. I didn't have the Power Type Cover on it at the time, so I am halfway OK. :)

Newegg have the Pro on sale and I am wondering if the Power Type cover from the Pro 2 will fit it.

I need to be sure as there is a $86 restock fee if it doesn't.

Also, is the upgrade to win8.1-pro free and possible on the Pro?

Thanks.

StlLooking

Wow, great news. Thanks for the speedy reply.

I did some searching on the msoft site but never found that page. When I clicked "Surface" and then "Surface Accessories," it only showed the Pro 3 covers. Ahhhh, msoft, gotta love them.

Hopefully Newegg still has the Pro in stock at $545, I think it was. I prefer the Pro/Pro-2 size to the Pro 3.

I did some searching and found there wasn't a great deal of difference between the Pro and the Pro 2. Care to toss in an opinion?

The win8.1 issue is not that big a deal as my laptop is still on win8.0 and wife's Miix tablet is on win8.1 so could have lived with it at win8.0, but worth asking.

Edited by StlLooking

pfinter

As was stated before, any Win 8 device can easily be updated, for free, to Win 8.1.

The differences between the Pro/Pro 2 are heat AND battery life. You will get very poor battery life on the pro. Close to half depending on how you use it.