RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Toshiba Encore Mini First Look

yodafett

when I was researching those type of otg I ran into several that were either power or usb due to way Toshiba checks for power prior to usb initiation.  Did read were a guy made a home made cable from splicing a micro usb end to a usb extention that was spliced in the middle. 

yodafett

im betting it being the cdrom partition on the sandisk cruzer (my preferred usb key they survive washing machine superbly.   will get a ceton stick at tiger direct.  

Dave

Yeah, i need to grab a different stick and do a recovery.  Then, try to boot on it.

Dave

I tried two different sticks with the recovery option on them and can't get this thing to recognize them and boot.

os1019

Does anyone know how the Mini Encore's size compares to a Kindle Fire HDX (7) inch? I am looking for a sidekick to go along with my SP3. Right now that is my Kindle Fire but I am not big on Android.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Edited by os1019

yodafett

I used a pny and was able to do a recovery (I think) this tine 7gb free, it did recreate the recovery partition. The only show that it ran over the usb was that it required that you repartition the drive when using a USB.

Joe_Miner

Might have to get a pny -- still trying to do a recovery from the usb.

Dave

Drive C.jpg

Does anyone know how the Mini Encore's size compares to a Kindle Fire HDX (7) inch? I am looking for a sidekick to go along with my SP3. Right now that is my Kindle Fire but I am not big on Android.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I have the new 6" Fire.  Here is a shot with the 6" on top of the Encore Mini 7", on top of the iPad Mini.

Joe_Miner

Yoda:  Have you looked at this Toshiba Encore OTG http://www.amazon.com/dp/1059950987/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item 

Might do the trick.............  I figured no guts no glory so I ordered one :)

The cable arrived today this morning and I hooked it up

gallery_1229_103_62580.jpg

This is what the screen showed when I used Dave's suggestion to hold down the +Volume button and the power button for 5+ seconds

gallery_1229_103_11487.jpg

Later I attached a USB Hub and a USB Keyboard and Mouse

gallery_1229_103_57633.jpg

yodafett

ok will pick one up for my mobile cable and use the earlier setup for here at home.