RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Toshiba Encore Mini First Look

Dave

Not sure of pro but standard took me into less than 2gb free will be home in an hour and plan to use the 32gb as card I bought for gen 8

Have Office Pro loaded -- it's kinda cool to open a spread sheet in Excel on my personal OneDrive then save it over on the Pro OneDrive -- working on a spread sheet on the mini is another thing -- I'd prefer to have a keyboard & Mouse -- but if I have a wifi connection then the bottom line is I have a ton of storage

Will check out the AT&T store this afternoon to look over their chargers and see if they have one like Yoda's

Project for the weekend (beside watching Purdue win their Homecoming game) is to set up an account for my grandson and lock down that account

This little Mini is really fun!  I see lots of value when I turn on the Internet sharing on my Lumia 1020 and I have the Mini on the Internet.

My wife's sisters are both interested in this Mini -- may be making another run to MS store this weekend after the game :)

Edited by JoeMiner

Built my USB and restored my mini. Now have 6gb free and have my recovery partition still. Need to see if an OTG cable I can have USB charging and flash drive plugged in at the same time. Looking at installing SAP on it for a possible mobile platform for work that is cost effective.

Could you explain how you free-up 6GB

have created a child account -- going to try and trim down the apps available to just some direct utube connects to his fav utube vidos and load some mp4 videos on the MicroSD

have a 64GB Toshiba microSD SDXC on order (15% off till Oct 1 @ Newegg plus I had a bunch of eggpoints I needed to use up so almost free)

have ordered the ATT 2 port charger -- the stores around here only have the 1 port in stock -- the 2 port looks pretty good at 12W