RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

Battery Life

WolfJT

I have had my Surface Pro 3 for about a week. I've not had the ability to really test the battery life. This week I will be taking it on a flight from Cincy to Minneapolis. I will watch a movie and see how the battery life last while watch a HD movie. So far what I've noticed is the standby battery life is really good. By standby I mean when the tablet is in sleep mode the battery life stays right where I left it. Has anyone else have a battery life experience to share? 

By the way I have the i5 128 gig model 

WolfJT

I found this command on a forum that will display battery usage for the SP3. Run this in command line as administrator. powercfg/batteryreport/output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

On my average day, I will watch 3 hours of video, do around 1 hour of surfing and then maybe spend 20-30 mins using Mail and OneNote, when I get home the battery is between 20-40%. Should get through a day for most tasks easily, unless you are using it to fold space or something.

WolfJT

I was able to get about 6 hours of pretty heavy use. Something my laptop would haven't come close to providing. Pretty awesome machine if you ask me.

mtalinm

8 hours on my i7. mostly editing a Word doc, occasionally browsing the web. 25% brightness

• Like 1