RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
AwesomeSpaceMonkey

Mildly Frustrated 920 Owner

AwesomeSpaceMonkey

So I've had the Lumia 920 for a while now. I'm on the dev preview and it's been great to get OS updates but I'm just ready for some new hardware. Unfortunately it looks like there isn't going to be another flagship on AT&T for a while. I'm thinking about picking up a used 1520 to hold me over for a bit. It's probably too big but it doesn't look like the 930 is coming to AT&T anytime soon. I love the 1020 but I think the hardware of the 1520 will be a bit more futureproof. Also, I can't wait to get that SD slot! I know it seems silly to upgrade from a fully functional phone but people like us can't sit on the same technology for too long, right? Oh well, just thought I would share. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe if a good deal shows up on the Gazelle Store I pull the trigger.

WolfJT

I know what you mean. Although isn't it crazy to think a 2 year old phone is old? I'm a new Icon owner, I'm hoping this will keep me satisfied for two years. I think it will, it's got an outstanding camera up to date hardware,

pfinter

Still have my 920. Great phone even with a cracked screen. Not sure when I will upgrade. Actually looking at downgrading as I don't think I need a super phone.  Thinking about the 830.

• Like 1

WolfJT

The 830 looks really nice, but not sure about only 1gig of ram

thelilgeek

I have considered the 830 myself. I want to see the price first, then I'll consider using it until the 1030 comes out!

AwesomeSpaceMonkey

Well, I caved and picked up a black 1520. I got it from Gazelle for $220 and I must have been super lucky. I ordered one in 'Good' condition, that's 2 levels down from 'Mint' and 'Very Good'. The phone looks brand new. Seriously, I can't find a single scratch or ding on it. Also, I got the 32Gb version! I totally forgot that there were 2 storage sizes but I'll take it. It also came preloaded with WP8.1 and Cyan. I just started using it today so I don't have too much to say yet. It definately still feels huge and is a bit awkward in the pocket. Transferring from the 920 was super easy. It just took a while to download and install all of my apps. We'll see how it goes for the next little while.

thelilgeek

I actually caved and bought a 1020. It should be here in the next few days. I still think that if the 830 is priced right it can be a great sideways move from the 920. I just realllly want that 41 MP camera, and at $340 ($17 per month on the NEXT plan) it really was a good deal.

Sent from my P6095 using Tapatalk

FinsUpDNC

Others have been reporting that 930 might be coming to ATT soon.  Verizon only had a limited exclusivity deal for that line of devices.  The 830 is intriguing to me though.  I know it is not as high end, but WP runs so well on less hardware. 

thelilgeek

The only thing that will be truly missed on the 830 will be Hello Cortana. Unless you are a camera snob like myself.

Sent from my P6095 using Tapatalk

AwesomeSpaceMonkey

Okay, quick update. I am totally loving the 1520! It's still a bit awkward to use one handed but I'm getting used to it. The screen is just amazing in direct sunlight. It is such an upgrade from my 920. I had some stabillity issues with the official software that came with it, IE was really crashing a lot. I moved over to the latest developer release and it is much more stable now. The camera is pretty good but honestly I'm not blown away by it, my expectations were probably too high though. Overall I'm really happy and can't wait for denim and the new camera features. I do miss wireless charging and it looks like adding Qi charging to the 1520 is a bit of a hack job. The nice thing is that I've still got an upgrade on my phone plan so if something awesome comes out on AT&T early next year I can always upgrade.