Morgan

Surface Pro 3 Not Overheating, Says Microsoft

Dave

Are we holding them wrong?

Morgan

You mean like Antennagate?

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

mtalinm

People are misinterpreting this. They are not saying that the i7 does not run hot or that the fan blows all the time. All they are saying is that the temp icon shouldn't've come on and it should have booted normally. THAT is all they will fix, not th efundamental heating problems.

Which is why I'm returning my i7.

callihan44

I wish they would get the heat issue fixed, come on sp4

Morgan

You can mitigate if not prevent the entire heat issue by vacuuming the fan slots regularly. (Blowing works even better, but most people don't have reversible vaccuums.) This way the fan stays at maximum effectiveness.

Jorgeverdugo

my i5surface only start using fan with some programs

for example I use photoshop and zbrush and never start fans

but krita a beta program put the fans to the maximum speed and even if i dont using the program.

whatching the task manager i found the problem and only uninstalling that program correct the problem.

someting about the icon of krita is using 39%of cpu all the time

• Like 1

CommonTek

I hate to say 'Typical MS' but come one; they come out with a fantastic product in every way, except for this one little issue that is actually more than a minor inconvenience considering the dough people had to shell out.  I don't have one, so I am not going to complain too much, but it is a little frustrating to see a leading edge product hindered by something like this.  I wanted to be able to tout this and push it on behalf of MS without any 'but' statements, however this heating qualifies as a 'but' statement.  

Maybe fourth time is the charm (SP4)?  I still think the SP3 is cutting edge; I just want to see it without any of those pimply 'but's