RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Htc Windows Phone Review

callihan44

This phone is awesome, with windows on it wont appeal to many due to lack of apps and that's unfortunate. Microsoft imo is not aggressive enough pushing wp, the average person on the street today thinks "Samsung or iphone" and those are the only choices they would consider.

Morgan

Actually releasing the HTC One M8 ition Windows Phone edition was a brilliant move by HTC.

First off, they did it at minimal cost since they really just reprogrammed an existing product.

Secondly since the One M8 is undoubtedly the best Windows phone available, it got a lot of free advertising in the form blog and press articles commenting on this fact. This to some degree offsets their disavantage in advertising budget compared to Samsung

Thirdly . if the Windows Phone edition One M8 is a success, it paves the way for porting other models to Windows Phone.

I don't see what HTC have to lose. Furthermore I own an Android HTC One M8, and I'm extremely happy with it, mainly because of the bright sharp screen and great-sounding yet loud speakers. So natuarally I can't see how someone who prefers the Windows Phone OS could be unhappy with this product.

Lloyd

I just turned in my iPhone 5 and got the HTC One (M8) Windows phone.

All I can say is that it is one sweet phone! Nice bright screen and very fast, faster than the same phone running Android. And it has better battery life which is always a plus.

The only decision is why case to get, or even to get one at all. It is such an attractive piece it seems a shame to hide it, even with that slick grid case.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Morgan

Lloyd, how do you know it's faster than the Android variant. Do you have both?

Lloyd

I played around with both at the Verizon store.

Overall the 'feeling' (truly subjective) was of much smoother and faster operation. Note that neither are slouches though.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

Lloyd

I've had a couple days to play around with this beauty. Coming from an iPhone 5 I was concerned about Windows Phone.

My concerns are all allayed!! The phone is very quick and smooth, very good looking and all the apps I would want are there for it.

As I make my transition from being all Mac to all Windows 8.x and beyond, this is just a great addition to the mix.

BTW, the HTC Dot View case is an intriguing design and very slick in and of itself.

The phone is now just at Verizon, but both AT&T and T-Mobile are getting them. I think AT&T is taking pre-orders for them.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk