RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  

Will Windows Xp Install On The Sp3 ?

Hi all.

I'm planning to replace my Samsung Galaxy tab and my Macbook Air 11 with a shiny new SP3. Why ? Because SP3 is AWESOME.

A quick question though, can I install XP on the SP3 in a virtualised environment ? I am a part time musician and have a few apps that only run in Windows XP. They run fine using Parallels on the Macbook Air. If XP can be installed, am I likely to experience any issues with device drivers ?

Cheers

Morgan

Why don't you try to install you music software with Compatiblity Mode on a Windows 8 computer you have access to?

Why don't you try to install you music software with Compatiblity Mode on a Windows 8 computer you have access to?

Not much point, it refuses to run on Win 7 or Vista in any compat. mode etc. Heck, the truth is it is extremely unreliable even on XP.. but I'm so used to it I can't work with anything else.

callihan44

I don't know of anyone that has attempted this but I say give it a try, you may have issues with drivers though

JoshB

I would imagine there would not be any problems if you ran XP in Windows 8 through a program like VirtualBox. I can not verify this, but...

JoshB

Oooo! That is nice.

That is awesome thanks SO much. Looks like my desktop and MacBook Air can both go out the window after all.