RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mtalinm

Want To Buy I7, Scared To Buy I7

wditters

My i7/512 has given me no issues whatsoever. Sure, it runs a tad hotter than the i5, but so far (and after the 08-19 firmware update) it has been behaving admirably .. No issues at all, rock stable with two virtual machines running under VMware Workstation 10.0

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

WolfJT

I purchased an I5 pro yesterday. The top right corner gets warm but so do all laptops. I love the display and the form factor.

mtalinm

well I'm happy to report that after yesterday's firmware update my overheating / runaway fan problems seem solved. sure, the fan comes on once in awhile but nothing like it used to. even driving two external monitors it is reasonable. reminds me of my SP2. very, very happy.

• Like 1

mtalinm

finally did a battery test. mostly Office work, some web browsing, music playing in the background. screen at 35% brightness. 5 hours. yuck.

may exchange for i5.

Dave

I posted this in another thread but I'll repeat here.  I'm super happy with the i3.  The CPU in this Surface Pro 3 does everything I need and keeps up with every task I used to put on my Surface Pro 2.  It keeps up with video tasks and I even did a successful Hangout via Chrome. The video never dropped down to SD.  I'm still convinced I had a bad i5.  I can't wait for "Threshold" and love my little i3!