RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Motherboard Replacement

BruceJ

Hi All

I have just replaced the motherboard on my home server and now my Homeserver wont allow access on any of my PC's to the shared folders. The connector seems to be connected and the icon shows up green on all teh PC's but when I try to open the shared folders or the Console it tels me that the password is incorrect. I have removed and reinstalled the users on the Server and removed and reinstalled the connector software but still get the same message.

I have also tried to reinstall WHS but when I get to the point of installation it doesnt give me an option repair the server only to do a new installation and I dont want to scrub the Data on my WHS.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

BruceJ

PS: Very Good Work on your podcast, I listen in every week here in New Zealand.

Hi All

I have just replaced the motherboard on my home server and now my Homeserver wont allow access on any of my PC's to the shared folders. The connector seems to be connected and the icon shows up green on all teh PC's but when I try to open the shared folders or the Console it tels me that the password is incorrect. I have removed and reinstalled the users on the Server and removed and reinstalled the connector software but still get the same message.

I have also tried to reinstall WHS but when I get to the point of installation it doesnt give me an option repair the server only to do a new installation and I dont want to scrub the Data on my WHS.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

BruceJ

PS: Very Good Work on your podcast, I listen in every week here in New Zealand.

Couple of things, first did you load the disk that came with your motherboard? It may not detect you NIC correctly without it. Second, as for the re-install, make sure that your primary drive is the first drive on your motherboard connectors and your BIOS. If the system does not detect the OS on the first drive it will not give you the re-install option.

...If the system does not detect the OS on the first drive it will not give you the re-install option.

Ahhh, good point. That definitely needs to be in the 101 guide.

Thanks for the reply,

My system hard drive has also now failed so that was probably the problem, had to do a complete reinstall and will have to manually copy all my files over, I have around 5T of Data which is duplicated so its going to be a long process.

Thanks again