RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Cursor Is Jumping In Photoshop

artgenius89

Hello All! I have been having a small problem when using photoshop. When I am drawing with my hand rested on the screen, sometimes the cursor jumps towards the bottom of the screen. I find this a little odd because this doesnt happen in One Note. I dont remember this happening and being a problem several weeks ago but it happen quite often now. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Im not sure if its a problem with the tablet or photoshop. I still have a few days to return it and swap it for a new one at the MS Store. 

• 2 months later...

I realize you may have figured this out and/or returned the Surface already.  For what it's worth I have noticed a little slow-down/cursor jumping when the Surface is under heavy work load.  In my case I found out that windows 8 was surreptitiously downloading updates and when I switched the settings to alert me when they were available instead of automatically downloading it cleared up the occaisional cursor-jerking.  I've noticed that the pen/touch right-click settings can cause some jerkiness if the hold-to-right-click is turned off.

Mine is Surface Pro 3 i7 256GB.  I use mainly illustrator and a little bit of Photoshop and Artrage.  Smooth as butter when I'm not multitasking too many things.  WMP+illustrator is okay, but if I try to download large files or install a major program in the background there is minor lag and occaisional cursor jump.

I've never made a correlation between background activity and cursor jumping, but one of the first things I do when I unbox a Windows device is to turn off automatic updates. I always set my systems to check for updates and notify me. Of course, with this setting, you must be diligent about installing your updates as quickly as possible so that you don't inadvertently leave your device vulnerable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rob1488993271
      By Rob1488993271
      Here is the full page with a lot more concept content: https://www.behance.net/gallery/24129169/Surface-Phone-Windows-10-Concept

Follow the artist: https://twitter.com/daarksart
    • reiaya
      By reiaya
      does anybody witj illustrator cs6 using the default stylus has the same problem as me, of the stylus never releasing? I zoom in, make an square and releas to see an specific part of my drawing... but for some reason my stylus nevé release, and so continues zoom in in and in and in.... until I select another tool, making my zoom tool rather unusable. someone help!
    • GreatTiger
      By GreatTiger
      I currently have a Toshiba Encore 8 that I really like but I wish it had an active digitizer and pen support.   I like the Dell V8P and the Asus VivoTab Note 8 for the digitizer/pen but they do not have an HDMI port. 

Just wondering if there is an 8-11" Windows 8.1 tablet or convertible device that I'm missing that has the following:
      Bay Trail chip or better HDMI out (any size) Touch screen with digitizer/pen support MicroSD storage Cost less than $500 I *had* the Samsung ATIV 500T Smart PC which had everything I needed except that the Clover Trail chipset was awful for graphics.  It had a built in pen, detachable keyboard, and HDMI out.  It did everything I needed fairly well except graphics for Starry Night astronomy software.

Is there anything new like the ATIV 500T I once had?  If it was the same thing with Bay Trail I would be happy.

Thanks

• math
      By math
      I just got the Surface Pro 3 a couple weeks ago. I have an issue that comes and goes.

What happens is that if I draw a small line, it looks like a dot and a dash rather than a complete line. If I draw multiple lines in a row, they all look like that. When I try to fill in the area where the line randomly dropped out, it is impossible. So basically the screen is suddenly peppered with small areas that cannot be drawn on or won't register the pen. In some occasions drawing a small line will result in a curve instead of a line. Writing a word for example would look like a series of random curves, dots, and dashes.

It seems like this mostly happens on the bottom third of the screen, and when the issue occurs it resolves itself after a few minutes.

I've had the issue in every drawing program I use: Onenote, Photoshop, and Clipstudio. I only have a handful of apps on my surface.

Could this possible be a hardware issue? Maybe I should return it while I still can!
    • Tatious
      By Tatious
      Hey all,
      I turn to you becuase I have a serious issue with color banding. I've seen fixes with this by sorting out preferences in the Intel graphics menu- but I have no idea how to pull this up or if I need to install special drivers to do so.
      I've been trying to paint and ANY darker shades just equal banding blobs. It's awful!
      https://twitter.com/Tatious/status/450896948745105408 for reference.. and don't even get me started on using any shade of black.

Have you all encountered this? What was your fix?