RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Tcdotcom

Gaming On The Surface

wandathomas

I have the i7 which works great on ALMOST everything.  I purchased a Microsoft Studios game called "4 Elements 2" foolishly thinking I could play it as a passenger on a road trip.  Starting at 100% battery, no wifi or bluetooth on, 50% screen brightness, after 2 hours I have 30% battery life left.  Microsoft support says this is normal.  Your thoughts?  Also, someone posted that you could change high-def/3D settings which I'm sure would help.  If you could elaborate on that, I would appreciate any suggestions...  Thanks,  PS - Does anyone know of a car charger for this???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      Rachio has just announced version 3 of their popular sprinkler system controller.  Rachio's generation 2 hardware was such an improvement on their first controller it may be hard to top.  Gen 3 looks great and has new hardware to go with it.  First Look video below!

Rachio's approach to irrigation hardware has been pretty straightforward. 

Replace your existing irrigation controller, water smarter,  take advantage of mobile to control it. 

What they have done over the past 2 iterations is make it easier to do all three.  Generation 2's hardware simplified the install immensely and the Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller looks to do the same as well as  offering more options for the homeowner.  So how do you improve on an already great controller?

Increase the smarts with enhanced weather data
      Add a 5Ghz radio along with 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
      Add long range communication for add on devices

Let's just jump to the new devices.  Rachio is announcing an add on flow meter called the Rachio Wireless Flow Meter.  It will sense water flow and shut down water supply if it detects a leak.

This is an interesting addition to the product because it moves Rachio from a true DIY product to on that may need help from a professional.  If you know your sprinkler system you know you have a back flow valve somewhere on your property.  It is usually above ground and the Flow Meter can install in-line, after the backflow valve.  Rachio has tips and guidance on the install if you would like to attempt it yourself but it may be prudent to involve your irrigation pro if you don't already have the tools to perform this type of work.

The "smarts" surrounding Rachio 3 cannot be overlooked.  Their new weather intelligence is impressive.  You can gain insight on weather data within a 36 foot radius of the Rachio 3 controller.  Thirty Six Feet!  

Rachio 3 ships April 2018 and can be pre-ordered today at http://www.rachio.com  Rachio Flow ships May 2018.  Pre-Sale pricing is $279 for the 8 Zone and Wireless Flow Meter.  $329 for the 16 Zone and Wireless Flow Meter.  Outdoor enclosures are still $29.

Flow Install Guidance - https://www.rachio.com/pdf/flow-install-overview_final.pdf

• mikoyoshi
      By mikoyoshi
      Hey Guys,

i have .. i don't know its a big problem or a small bug but i do not see a single HDD in my Raid Controller..
      But as soon as I attach a SSD to my ODD port, it will be displayed. Can anyone explain to me?

I hope someone can help me

German Guy 

Miko

• rickU2D
      By rickU2D
      Hi all, 
      New to the forum and also New Gen 8 owner. I was hoping some one could clarify some info on the drive bays/on board controller. From what I have read so far, the 1st and 2nd bays are 6g and the 3rd and 4th are 3g (Sata speed?). I have also read somewhere that this is because of "wiring" (of the drive cage). Does this mean that if I added a SAS controller card (HP240 Smart Host) and connected the cable to it, the drives would still operate at those speeds? I just happened to have the HP240 lying around and thought this might improve the speed and allow me to use the onboard controller for boot and cache drives.
      Opinions/input from those more experienced would be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards,
    • Barty
      By Barty
      Hello there ;-) First post here ;-) I posted similar question on HP forum but no response from anyone ; - (

So we have upgraded from B120i controller to P420 - sitting in Slot 3.
      We have RAID 10 setup with 4 Sata - 1TB HDDs.
      Server is sitting in room without Air-conditioning. Room temps are between 25 - 29 Celcius. Now, it's been 3 years that our server is running 24h/day without any failure.
      All server components are up to date with firmware and drivers (double checked). I'm using regulary ProLiant Service Packs (latest is from April 2017). Among others: iLO has 2.53 firmware, P420 has 8.00).
      Temps reported by iLO for all components are very cool, except P420 controller.
      No matter what temperature is in the room P420 controller temps are always:
        - reported by iLO - 85 (controller)
       - reported by HP SSA - 88/43/28 (controller/cache module/battery)
      I know, that controller temps goes up and down only from fans going faster and slower. Normally, for 3 years, fans were at: 5% and 9% (front and rear one) no matter room temps. Now, after P420 installation they are at: 14% and 23% raising to 15% and 29% when room temp is 29 Celcius. (still rather silent to me which is nice).
      I also found this statement here: (as a response to author article)
      http://www.evilbox.ro/other/hp-smart-array-p420-2gb-fbwc-2-ports-int-sas-controller-review/#comment-12310
      Now, don't get me wrong, nothing is bad with my server and setup from my point of view, I'm just curious, why iLO 4 and HP SSA give me different temps readings. From what I know after forum reading, this controller had some issues with different servers but appereantly all flaws were patched with firmware. Some users have temps from 50 C to 90 C and I'm almost 100% sure that it's because from false sensor readings or something similar.
      Moreover, when I check the temp with my hand ;-) close to the radiator I'm almost 100% sure that those reading are false.
      Any tips?
      Bart

• Dewain27
      By Dewain27
      Guys/Gals,

Have you guys seen that we have a new game called Temple Run: Brave.  It looks to be a Temple Run based on the theme of Disney's Brave movie.  I haven't downloaded it yet, but wanted to see if others had.  It is $1.49 in the store and currently is featured.

Thanks,

Dewain