RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Very Cool Machine. Pandora?

wiredlitigator

I got my SP3 (i5 128 mb version).  Very very impressive, coming from a first gen iPad.  I'm new to 8.1, but so far so good.  I am surprised that there isn't a Pandora app and i'm forced to run it from IE.  And that's not useful because it seems to shut off when I open a new app.  Am I missing it or do you really have to purchase a paid account with Pandora to listen in windows? Thanks, and I think I've been lured back to Microsoft.

Dave

You ate correct, the modern/metro version doesn't allow background playback, it must be an active application.

Use the desktop version instead, it will run in the background even when you are using other modern apps.

You ate correct, the modern/metro version doesn't allow background playback, it must be an active application.

Use the desktop version instead, it will run in the background even when you are using other modern apps.

Thanks for the response.  I will try that.  So far the different versions (desktop vs. Metro) has confused the crap out of everything.  How you can have two versions of IE open, is beyond me.  Buying OneNote in MS Office 2013 and the pre-installed version also was tricky.  Thanks!

Yes, you are not the only one.  It really annoys me that the moder version won't allow background playback. Maybe there is a setting to allow that, I haven't found it.   I like the modern look/feel but this background issue killed it for me; I live in the desktop version now. 

It seems like they should be able to change this; for example, the XBox Music App will continue playback in the background.