RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
oharamj1488993275

Managing Clouds With Otixo

oharamj1488993275

Regular watcher of Surface Geeks and, starting now, Home Server shows. Great podcasts!

This week you highlighted Otixo for managing cloud services. After listening, tonight I signed up ($5 / mo.) - the ability to move folders between the cloud services without consuming local bandwidth will be a great help!

FWIW, I need to be able to use Otixo to manage my various cloud services on my Surface 2, iPhone, iPad and Chromebook. These are five services that work under Otixo across all five platforms:

- Bitcasa

- Box

- Dropbox

- Google Drive

- OneDrive

Collectively that represents about 400GB for me and costs about $11 / mo., including Otixo.

Thanks for the terrific app recommendation!

WolfJT

I subscribe to office 365 and now get 1 TB of Onedrive storage. I don't need any other cloud storage at all. At 100 bucks a year, it's a great deal. Onedrive works on all platforms too.

oharamj1488993275

Sure, but i have multiple cloud services in order to have original files on on one service and it's backup on different service. Otixo should further ease the syncing of each media's backup copies.

I don't feel comfortable trusting one service to store all photos, music, documents, etc. Over and above the inherent risk, it could prove enormously frustrating to download all your files from one single provider.

I use a surface 2, iPad Air, and HP Chromebook 14. No photos, music, or documents are stored on any local computer. If one of the devices is lost, stolen or replaced, I'll not have to worry over data migration.

Edited by oharamj

WolfJT

I understand for sure.  Otixo sure does sound like a cool app.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Hopefully you have your files local as well.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk