RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The Surface Pro 3 Wifi Issues

Dave

Here is how it goes down.  When someone presents me with an issue they are having I'll have the issue within 24 hours!  I was talking on Twitter last night about the wifi issues and today pulled my SP3 out of it's comfy desktop location and of course I had wifi issues every time I tried to use it.  When plugged in and using ethernet I never noticed the issue.

Funny thing, the loaner unit I had, never had the issue more than once.  That unit was on wifi it's whole time I used it.  I don't get it.  What I do get, I hope the Wednesday July 16th firmware update fixes this issue.  It's going to get ugly if it does not.

Does the SP3 use the Intel 7260ac adapter? That adapter and Intels drivers make me insane.

I had crazy problems with that adapter and drivers.

Best I could find make sure the proset software isn't installed and use the most current drivers Intel supports.

The Latitude E7440 i have for work seems to do well now with that config. The Bluetooth for the 7260 is still buggy though.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

When I pulled my SP3 from my desk and took it downstairs I had to power off wifi and back on to connect.  Twice tested. Same results.  Prior to the update I had to reboot the machine.

I wish I knew if it was fixed on mine. I ended up having to send mine in for replacement. I kept on experiencing a really bad case of the Surface thinking I was touching the screen when I wasn't. It was to the point where it was registering several touches a second, and became unusable for awhile until I had to close the cover for a bit, and then after a few minutes do a reboot. Fortunately this only happened about once a day, but I really miss using my Pro 3.

Mine has been all 2.4.  I understand many have 5.8Ghz issues.  I'm on varying power options as well.  Last night I was on Balanced, closed the lid, "type keyboard," and came back to it this morning.  Had limited wifi and wouldn't connect to anything.  Had to cycle the wifi off and back on and it jumped on just fine.  Again, prior to the update I would have to reboot.  I'm quite certain the Surface team can get this resolved but it shouldn't have gone out the door like this.  

I've also tested this on several AP's.  DLink, Airport Extreme, and now Ubiquity. All the same

I have a different issue with wifi, some times it will disconnnected for several seconds. sometimes not, not sure if it is because of the Device.

• 4 weeks later...