RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
bluewatersailor

Using A Vga Projector With Encore Tablet And 8.1

bluewatersailor

I really like the Encore 8 inch tablet.  Had no problem using with lcd projector, an older Sony with XGA resolution.  Except with any version of Powerpoint.  Every time, Powerpoint would close when the vga-micro hdmi adapter and cable were attached, and especially with the projector actually on.

Problem solved:  I set the tablet resolution to xga.  Once I did that, powerpoint worked fine without a glitch.

Dave

schoondoggy

You could also try using an extended desktop instead of clone/mirror. Then you can set different resolutions on each screen. Powerpoint works well in extended mode. You get the slide show on one screen and the slide and speaker notes on the other.

pfinter

agreed.  This works well on even my Surface RT and my Nokia 2520.

You could also try using an extended desktop instead of clone/mirror. Then you can set different resolutions on each screen. Powerpoint works well in extended mode. You get the slide show on one screen and the slide and speaker notes on the other.

Agreed, this works well even on my Nokia 2520 and Surface RT.

bluewatersailor

I tried that, but it didnt work.  PPT kept shutting down.