RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Photoshop Cs6 On Surface Pro 3 Issues

reloaded

Hello everyone,

On the Surfaceproartist blog the topic of "what runs" shows that Photoshop CS6 runs on the Surface Pro 3 with the Wintab Ntrig driver.

I am having a strange issue. The pen does have pressure sensitivity with the new Ntrig drivers. However, any time I use the pen in CS6 for anything other drawing, the program will freeze and become un responsive to the pen anywhere. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes longer. Some times it takes a few pen taps, some times it's just one. Its almost like it has a hard time understanding what else to do with the pen other than make marks.

I've updated the latest video drivers for the graphics hardware (this was happening before as well). I've got version 16? of the Wintab driver. I've allocated Photoshop to use more memory around 70%, and I tried changing the processor priority to "high". No luck it still freezes up if I do anything with the pen other than draw. Is anyone else having this issue?

Being able to use the pen to tap other tools and navigate Photoshop is especially helpful given the tiny icons when useing the tablet as a sketch pad with out the keyboard.

Thanks

I'm not seeing that behavior. I just tested again to be sure. Are you running CS6 64-bit? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and Photoshop? I would get rid of the software first, then the drivers. Then reinstall the driver, then the software.

It's good to know your not seeing it then. I will take your suggestion of un installing the software. By drivers are you suggesting the video drivers or Ntrig or both? I'll start with the software and see what happens.

We use photosoph CS for work. But I'm seriously considering Photoshop CC for personal ownership. Just not sure about the whole "cloud" thing.

Thanks for the response and advice.

I would stick to the official Surface Pro 3 video drivers as you sort this out. Don't want to introduce another variable. I meant to uninstall N-Trig's Wintab driver and Photoshop. Make sure you reinstall the 64-bit versions of both. Wintab first.

The $10 per month Photoshop CC deal is a great deal, especially if you have a copy of CS6 to fall back to in case you ever decide to unsubscribe.