RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
surfaceRT

$650 Trade In For Your Macbook Air For Sp3

Kari

Hmmm… I wonder how much they would give me for my 2 1/2 year old MacBook Air.  It is in perfect working order (evidence: it's what I am using to type this comment).  This is very, very tempting.  

The down side: I would have to buy Office 365, because the Mac version of Office I have installed on my MacBook Air (obviously) can't be installed on Surface Pro 3.

Dave

I sold a MacBook Air to purchase the Surface Pro 2.  I can't remember the year of mine but it wasn't the first year but was early.  I got $625 on Craigslist and that's an awesome deal.  I like how they keep their value. The offer does state certain models though.

I would take yours into a store and see what they will give you.

Kari

There is a Microsoft Store about 40 minutes away from here.  I even have the MacBook Air's original box.  

I told my husband about this offer and he said, "If you're going to have a Surface you won't need that MacBook Air anyway… who needs two laptops?"  :P

RMansfield

Regardless of what they will give, I bet you can get more via eBay or Craigslist.

Kari

I suppose that is true, but my experience attempting to sell my original iPhone on Craigslist was awful, let's just leave it at that.  Eventually I sold it on eBay.  However, eBay has changed quite a bit since then and their handling of sellers now is quite poor.  There are no consequences for non-paying bidders and the feedback system is abused with little or no recourse and no consequence to those abusing the system.  I'm not sure I would ever try to sell anything on there now.