RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro 3 Pen With My Acer Aspire R7

RMansfield

A few weeks back, I ordered the Surface Pro 3 pen to try with my Acer Aspire R7-572. I was shocked that it was shipped overnight and it arrived today. I guess Microsoft thought my pen was just as important as those who had ordered those Surface Pro 3s that were shipped out to arrive today.

I had confirmed already with SurfaceProArtist that the pen would, indeed, work with my R7. 

Having received it, I can already tell that this will be my pen of choice. It's a little bit heavier as well as longer, which gives it a nice balance in the hand.

I did pair the phone via Blutooth, but even in doing so, it's a Bluetooth connection to nowhere. It shows up as connected, but tapping the top button does not launch OneNote like on the Surface Pro 3. Nor will it wake the R7 up from sleep.

I'd love to see some hacks that would give this button some kind of functionality. Perhaps that will happen.

I tried to post a photo just now of the two pens side by side, but the forum will not let me. Has that always been the case?

I meant to say "I did pair the R7 via Bluetooth" above. I thought we could edit posts. First I can't add a photo, now I can't edit. What gives?

Will the SP3 pen work with the SP2?

No. It's a different technology. The SP 1&2 use Wacom technology for the active digitzer. The SP3, like the Acer Aspire R7, use N-trig technology.