RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

"play" To Wireless Monitor / Tv

doubledown

Ok, I currently have a SP2 and I can connect my SP2 to my TV to stream Netflix/Xbox Video, etc.  However, my question becomes how can I do the "Play" to a monitor or TV wirelessly?  I know that you can, but how do I make this happen?!

Side note, but I've used Xbox Music to "Play" to my Sonos Play:5 wirelessly and it's friggin' awesome!  Want to be able to do the equivalent to my TV and/or Monitor.

Thanks for any assistance.

There are a couple of ways. One is to get a mirror cast, and or use an XBox 360 or One. I do believe the Surface supports Mirror cast. You can pick one up from Best Buy and try it out. If it doesn't work you can always return it. They typically run around 50 bucks or so.

WolfJT - or anyone else - does anyone have experience with SP2 and Chromecast.  Saw that Chromecast is 35$ now at my local bestbuy and thinking about using it, if it can do the following:

1) Be used to connect to a Monitor to make it a wireless monitor

2) Be used on a TV to use the TV as a wireless monitor

3) Be used to play Netflix, other apps.

Anyone have experience with the SP line and Chromecast?  I don't have a newer flat screen that can be used as a wireless display and short of buying a new TV, this seems like potentially a 35$ alternative?  Thoughts?