RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
bulls96

Surface Pro 3 Accessories

bulls96

So I preordered the Surface Pro 3 and now shopping for accessories.

Any ideas?

I bought the carbon fiber skin w screen protector. Any sleeve suggestions?

THanks!

Dave

I've never used a screen protector with a Surface but understand the need.  I have to buy anything either.  Need the Dock Microsoft!

Kari

I bought the bundle with mine and selected an Incipio sleeve at the MS store. I think this is actually a sleeve intended for 13" MacBook Air, but it works fine for SP3. It's the Ronin model. It is waxed canvas and has a waterproof zipper.

Tcdotcom

One thing to watch out for.  Apparently the stylus loop is inside the keyboard(which is dumb because the pen comes with the Surface and the keyboard is sold separately)  I threw my loop out.  I ordered the keyboard and the i7 at the same time.  The keyboard came about 6 weeks before the Surface did.  I had already disposed of the packaging before I realized I had thrown the loop in the garbage!

Dave

Do you need it for a pro or RT? Lot's of folks buy the RT charger for Pro while understanding it will charge slower. Works though.

I would steer clear of that non MS charger. IMO

pfinter

The charger in the picture for 

Anyone think it's a bad idea to use a non-Microsoft power adapter?  

http://www.amazon.com/Charger-Adapter-Microsoft-Surface-100-240v/dp/B00CGW1UHM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407181299&sr=8-3&keywords=surface+pro+3+charger

Just need a cord at work.  thanks!

Dave

That doesn't look like a surface Pro 3 charger. It looks like a charger that would work with a Surface RT/2 or a Surface Pro/Pro2.  The Charger for a Surface Pro 3 was redesigned and has a wedge shape that slides into the device.  

Your search request in Amazon says surface pro 3 charger but, the description of the charger in no way says it's for a Surface Pro 3. I'm willing to bet, the search you did didn't return what you were looking for.  Don't buy this unless you feel like quality controlling the return policy.

wiredlitigator

The charger in the picture for 

That doesn't look like a surface Pro 3 charger. It looks like a charger that would work with a Surface RT/2 or a Surface Pro/Pro2.  The Charger for a Surface Pro 3 was redesigned and has a wedge shape that slides into the device.  

Your search request in Amazon says surface pro 3 charger but, the description of the charger in no way says it's for a Surface Pro 3. I'm willing to bet, the search you did didn't return what you were looking for.  Don't buy this unless you feel like quality controlling the return policy.

I need it for a SP3.  I know Microsoft charges a bit more for the cable (like everyone else), but i figured third parties would make some quality chargers.  I suppose I have to suck it up and pay for the convenience.  Maybe just wait for the dock.  May be overkill in my situation.  Thanks guys. 

Morgan

You can get another pen loop for the Appley -ly

price of only $4.99 plus tax.