RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My First Tablet Computer

nowMowCow

I just got my first tablet computer it is the 256GB surface pro 2 I got it hoping to greatly improve my textures also needing a webcam and something portable like a laptop so it suited my needs just fine but, and I know it is a nice chunk of change to drop without doing research, I'm not actually entirely sure how it handles the only modeling program I was willing to pay the price tag on (of course I speak sarcastically for I use the most amazing freeware ever coded: Blender)

So if anyone has specific tips that may not be so easy to find on my own I would love to read all about it :)

I'm not a Blender user, but I recently learned that its interface is scaleable. (When you first load it on the SP2, it is almost illegible.)

Go to File>>User Preferences>>System>>General>>DPI. I believe the default is set to 72, but you can scale it up to whatever you like. I found 100 to be very legible. That's it for my Blender knowledge! 

Just a little update now that I actually played around with it, Blender does indeed seem to work very well on the surface pro 2 depending on what you need it for the full rendering of anything overly-complex is obviously gonna be an issue with the RAM you have at your disposal but I really just like to use it for texture painting with the touch screen, the plan is to do the modeling and main work on my desktop PC and take advantage of the touch screen to... ahem... "touch-up" the textures and put my final polish on them all the other awesome stuff about the sp2 is just a bonus :) I hated the idea of tablets until the Microsoft surface came along and I'm pretty glad I got one now