RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Shattered Screen!

Kari

This afternoon my Lumia 1020 slipped out of my purse and fell 2-3 feet onto our driveway.  It hit at just the wrong angle and the screen shattered.  It is totally unresponsive to touch.  The camera grip is great, but it really does not protect the phone from this type of accident.  Fortunately I have insurance for it.  Unfortunately the deductible is $199.  

Until my new phone arrives I have a cheap ($15) Alcatel phone set up with my number.  I can't go without a phone.  

Very big down side is that I had to use money I was saving towards a Surface Pro 3 to pay for the deductible.

:(

That stinks!  We're you able to keep the broken one? You might get a few dollars on eBay if so.

That stinks and I know your frustration. Last year, I shattered my HTC One M7 screen less than 24 hours after purchase. Same deductable for new one, $200. That was tough to swallow when I just paid $200 a day earlier for the original phone down payment.

I have to return the broken phone to the insurance company once the replacement arrives, so no eBay sale option.

TabletJunkie, that really sucks!   

That's a crazy price for a deductible.  I have a Lumia Icon with a cracked screen that I am going to have replace through my warranty on SquareTrade.com.  Deductible is "only" $75.  It costs around $5 a month or you can get a 2 year protection plan for $99 total.

I've had great service from them in the past on computers and tablets, so I expect the same outstanding service from them with my phone.

You may want to see what ATT can do for you?  I shattered my screen after owning my 1020 for about 2 months...  I contacted ATT and even though I didn't have the insurance option they sold me a new 1020 for just the $99 with a new contract, then immediately canceled the new line and then waved the early termination fee and activation fee within 24 hours.   I think being polite and friendly to the sales guy plus really helped.....

I ended up selling the busted 1020 on eBay for about $80 bucks so it was nearly a wash.....

I never hurts to ask.... 

I visited the local AT&T store and we discussed all of my options, and paying the deductible was the least expensive option when considering my current rate plan, the insurance, etc.