RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Split Screening, Vetical Splits

CommonTek

I often am annoyed at the inability to be able to split horizontally.   I often like to have a calculator up for various reasons and it would be nice to be able to split screens horizontally.  For example, I usually have my main app open in the 75% type pane, and Tweetium open in the left 25% pane.   I would like to be able to split the left pane and have it split like 60/40 so I could have Tweetium on the top and the calculator in the smaller 40% bottom corner.  I know I can just grab it from app history but I don't want to...

Does anyone else every desire this?  It might be nice to split your screen into four equal, more square type quadrants instead of a few tall columns that most apps don't properly rescale/reorganize for when split that narrow.

Maybe this vertical split can be done and I am not aware of it because I am working on my 13" laptop, and possibly this is a size/resolution issue.  It really is the only main frustration I have about Windows 8.1 Modern UI. Any feedback?

At this point, may I refer you to using the desktop? Sorry, the horizontal divider isn't in the cards for metro.

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

CommonTek

You can, but I don't find that an acceptable answer.  Sure I can split my screen so it is 70/30 with Tweetium in the 30% and desktop so I can have desktop IE and the standard WIndows Calculator open in the 70 window but it still doesn't fit or feel right.  I prefer Modern IE, and a specific calculator app.  Windows is about options, why wouldn't or shouldn't we have a horizontal split option? Maybe it will be better in the fall or Windows 9 release Spring 2015 when they allow modern apps to run in traditional floating windows on the desktop; I am just saying that if they want people to adopt the modern UI, then give us the option.  

fyi... I kinda like the idea of a horizontal split for the specific idea of having a calculator or clock or something display in a section of the Metro UI. However, I have concerns that it might not carry over well on a 10.1 or 8 inch screen depending on the app. But, none the less it would add value.