RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Win Phone Still No Respect

WolfJT

I just saw an article on Tech Crunch about Tim Hortons new mobile payment app. What do I find? It has an app for iOS, Android and wait for it..... Blackberry. Blackberry, really????? I just don't know if WP will every get the respect it deserves. I see the same kind of crap from other apps as well.

Edited by WolfJT

it's sad too because I prefer windows phone to android and ios, I switched back to android because I wanted the htc m8 and Im already kind of bored with android again. Nokia or some other OEM needs some 5" sized screen phones on all carriers >:\

To me this sounds like uniformed decision making, You release an app for a platform that's essentially dead .

It seems that someone there still likes blackberry regardless of the reality of the situation with the company.

Totally Agree Callihan, the ICON being a Verizon exclusive is a travesty.  IMO it is a fantastic device, hardware wise on par with the best flagships for Android and the IPhone.   I got the 925 a month or so because I desperately wanted to get into WP, especially with WP 8.1 and the only thing I really hate is going from a 4.7"-5" screen down to a 4.5" screen.   Most of the apps I need are on WP, but I do agree with Darren that the comparative quality to IOS and Android is generally poor.   Still, I love everything else about the WP platform and am sticking with it.  Actually, I finally transferred my HTC One M7 off to my wife for her to use as her primary device. 

I get excited when I see a "windows phone store" image on app advertisements. They do exist!

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

I have a Lumina icon on Verizon and I agree its an excellent phone, I switched from sprint and haven't looked back. The data and connection speeds are markedly better than sprint in my area near Chicago .

I loved sprints generous plans but found the actual data speeds to be poor.

Otherwise the icon is the  first windows phone that equals the hardware specs and speed of my Galaxy, but of course with a much better camera and build quality.

Edited by JWA0507

I switched from iPhone 4S to Lumia 1020, and I don't foresee myself ever switching back.  Lumia 1020 has the best camera in a phone that I have ever used or seen.  I've taken great shots with it with a lot more control than a typical point & shoot camera.  A few of my sunset pictures are arguably as beautiful as the shots I took with my SLR at the same time.  

I agree, Windows Phone doesn't get enough respect.

• Like 1