RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Surface Pro 3 Details

Dave

Microsoft announced the Surface Pro 3 today.  It's a thinner a lighter design with a 12" screen, 2160x1440 resolution with a 2:3 aspect ratio.  The new keyboard has a 63% larger trackpad and a spot to hold the newly redesigned pen.  There is also a new dock that of course, will not be available at the time you pick up your SP3. <sigh>

The SP3 has newness all over.  The friction hinge lets you adjust an angle from 0 to 150 degrees.  The 9 hour battery life on this super thin Pro will come in all flavors of Intel processors.  i5, i3, and i7.

The artsy folks are currently raging on twitter about the digitizer and pen.  Microsoft switched from Wacom to N-Trig.

Pre-orders start on May 21st, 2014
Ships June 20th, 2014

Announcement - http://blog.surface.com/2014/05/announcing-surface-pro-3/

Awesome device. MS definitely tried to address all of the complaints people had from the Surface Pro 2. Makes me want to buy one. I am curious if the 9 hours of battery hold true on all the processor options.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Hmmm, Surface Pro 2 is about one month old. How fast can I get rid of it? I was sold on this when they said it was louder and larger.

PS            Thank the lord they didn't add a mini. Leave that for the other gimmicks out there.

PSS          Where is everyone, I figured it would be packed in here.

PSSS         I saw a lot of negative comments on the sensitivity. I guess it doesn't have as many pressure points as before?

I initially got very very excited about this when I watched the webcast and have had time to settle and think about it a bit more.

As a Pro 2 owner, its not compelling enough to move. However I'd agree that it does do alot to address the issues I have with the device. Weight, size and battery life are all addressed. It is definitely nicer that the device has increased in size and yet is 100g lighter! 

I think the biggest downside is probably how much my 6 month old Surface just got devalued!!

the test drop during the demo was nerve racking. love that they include 802.11ac I cant wait to own one the core i5 version

I would like to sell my surface 2 and buy this.  I am disappointed in how documents look in portrait mode on the surface 2.  3:2 seems like it would be better for reading.

plus it can play minecraft... a chief complaint of the the surface 2 in my house :(

I am glad MS didn't make a mini. Surface is losing a ton of money, and the mini would just add to the sink hole. I am interested in the RT 3, I hope they hit a home run with that

Hi SG's... 

New here, so this might have been answered a gazillion times, but I am in a hurry!

I literally ordered a Surface Pro 2 yesterday, and pick it up tomorrow. I have not paid for it yet. I also purchased the docking station (which will now be defunct i guess - paid), and 2 Dell ultrasharps (which of course will be fine no matter what)

I thought the Surface Pro 2 "could replace my laptop"... now, the SP3 is out and its whole marketing tag is "finally, the device to replace your laptop".

What was wrong with the SP2 in this regard?

Given that I may be able to offload the SP2 in August to another person, should i still go ahead and buy it? or just wait?

I am a general/admin office worker. I work with office and browse the web alot... i am not a gamer. I do not watch video content that requires any great power.

??

:)

I am glad MS didn't make a mini. Surface is losing a ton of money, and the mini would just add to the sink hole. I am interested in the RT 3, I hope they hit a home run with that

Me too, if they decide to do one.

I really like the RT/ 2 / 2520 devices. A surface 3 (with LTE available on release) would be killer.