RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Thinkpad 10

callihan44

I like Lenovo products (had an x230 laptop), this tablet looks like a winner with the accessories available..Lenovo keyboards are awesome and I wish the surface pro2 had a keyboard option that was stiff and rugged that the Lenovo one.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I like Lenovo products (had an x230 laptop), this tablet looks like a winner with the accessories available..Lenovo keyboards are awesome and I wish the surface pro2 had a keyboard option that was stiff and rugged that the Lenovo one.

There is a firm keyboard available for sp2. It is the one with the battery in it.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

GreatTiger

The Thinkpad 10 is just right for me in many respects.  I was looking for a Windows tablet to replace my underpowered Samsung ATIV 500T and undersized Toshiba Encore.

The 500T was excellent but the Clover Trail chipset had issues with graphic performance.   I really liked the Wacom pen, the 11" size, the 64GB of storage, a fast and dedicated charging port, and of course excellent battery life.  I paid $600 for it/keyboard as an early adopter when Windows  8 first came on the scene. 

This past summer, I wanted to try an 8" Bay Trail tablet to see if I could replace the 500T as a companion to my Yoga 2 Pro.  So I chose the Toshiba Encore with 32GB of memory for its HDMI port and $199 price.  Overall it does a great job, but even with the recovery partition removed and heavy use of an SD card I was constantly managing storage space to stay within 32GB storage.  Plus, I really missed the dedicated charging point that could charge the device even if I maxed out my ram

Initially I was looking at the 64G Dell V8P or the Asus Vivo Note 8 for $199  but I knew I would still miss the larger size and dedicated charger.  The Thinkpad 10 had everything I really needed plus great build quality.  Therefore, when I found out that Amazon was offering the Thinkpad 10 for $370ish a week or so ago, I jumped in.  I has:

1. Amazing Screen

2. Screen has an active digitizer and a surprisingly good pen

3.  64gb of storage or more

4.  Dedicated charger (can charge and use a UPC device at same time)

5.  Indicator light on back of tablet

6.  HDMI out

7.  Great battery life

8.  Full sized USB 2.0 on Tablet

So far, I am really happy with this device for a number of reasons.  The specs were good for me and it does come with a good high quality pen.  In fact it does all of the things my older computer cold do and does them better.  There is now a bunch of tablets floating around my residence.  Because of this, my New Year's resolution should have fewer gadgets in 2015 and being happy with what I already have. 

The Toshiba Encore 2 Write looks interesting too, but it's lacking a dedicated charging port means I'll be sticking with the Thinkpad 10.