RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Thinkpad 10

schoondoggy

callihan44

I like Lenovo products (had an x230 laptop), this tablet looks like a winner with the accessories available..Lenovo keyboards are awesome and I wish the surface pro2 had a keyboard option that was stiff and rugged that the Lenovo one.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I like Lenovo products (had an x230 laptop), this tablet looks like a winner with the accessories available..Lenovo keyboards are awesome and I wish the surface pro2 had a keyboard option that was stiff and rugged that the Lenovo one.

There is a firm keyboard available for sp2. It is the one with the battery in it.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

The Thinkpad 10 is just right for me in many respects.  I was looking for a Windows tablet to replace my underpowered Samsung ATIV 500T and undersized Toshiba Encore.

The 500T was excellent but the Clover Trail chipset had issues with graphic performance.   I really liked the Wacom pen, the 11" size, the 64GB of storage, a fast and dedicated charging port, and of course excellent battery life.  I paid $600 for it/keyboard as an early adopter when Windows  8 first came on the scene. 

This past summer, I wanted to try an 8" Bay Trail tablet to see if I could replace the 500T as a companion to my Yoga 2 Pro.  So I chose the Toshiba Encore with 32GB of memory for its HDMI port and $199 price.  Overall it does a great job, but even with the recovery partition removed and heavy use of an SD card I was constantly managing storage space to stay within 32GB storage.  Plus, I really missed the dedicated charging point that could charge the device even if I maxed out my ram

Initially I was looking at the 64G Dell V8P or the Asus Vivo Note 8 for $199  but I knew I would still miss the larger size and dedicated charger.  The Thinkpad 10 had everything I really needed plus great build quality.  Therefore, when I found out that Amazon was offering the Thinkpad 10 for $370ish a week or so ago, I jumped in.  I has:

1. Amazing Screen

2. Screen has an active digitizer and a surprisingly good pen

3.  64gb of storage or more

4.  Dedicated charger (can charge and use a UPC device at same time)

5.  Indicator light on back of tablet

6.  HDMI out

7.  Great battery life

8.  Full sized USB 2.0 on Tablet

So far, I am really happy with this device for a number of reasons.  The specs were good for me and it does come with a good high quality pen.  In fact it does all of the things my older computer cold do and does them better.  There is now a bunch of tablets floating around my residence.  Because of this, my New Year's resolution should have fewer gadgets in 2015 and being happy with what I already have. 

The Toshiba Encore 2 Write looks interesting too, but it's lacking a dedicated charging port means I'll be sticking with the Thinkpad 10.