RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
anjn3515

The Old Help Me Pick A Tablet Question

anjn3515

Hi. New here.

I am looking for a tablet to run Photoshop,illustrator,Manga Studio, maybe Painter...etc

Right now I am in the "I have a two year old son I am broke" mode.

I was wondering if any of the sub $500 win tablets are up to the job.

ANy advice help appreciated.

Thanks

Anjin

www.anjindesign.com

anjn3515

I was pretty sure you may say the first surface after looking at your blog right before I came here. Your asus article was good. That is on my radar mainly for cost.

WolfJT

Just beware of the tablets under 500 dollars for what you want to get out of it. Most sub 500 dollar tablets do not have a lot of storage, and with the programs you want to run, you'll run out of space pretty quickly.

anjn3515

That's a good call. What if most data was off shunt to card,thumb drive or external HD?

WolfJT

The data certainly can be in the cloud, or on a SD card, or external drive. But the programs are installed on the internal flash drive. If the Surface Pro allows you to install programs on an external drive or a micro SD card then it shouldn't be a problem.

anjn3515

Ill have to look at my home PC and see how muc space my programs are useing

SurfaceProArtist

One of the first purchases I recommend is a 64GB microSD card for your User folder.

Even with the crazy amount of software I have installed on my Surface Pro 1, I've got 27 GB left (of 110 GB available; don't ask me where that other 18GB is). Another 25.7 GB of data is on my SD card. On the Surface Pro 2, I've already used up 111 GB with another 28.6 on the card.

But I caution that my usage isn't normal given the "What Runs, What Doesn't" lists that I maintain.

anjn3515

Now I am all messed up with the Pro 3 being out. Part of me thinks save for that. But I havenkt heard the best things about N-Tig.

I have always looked for a Wacom tablet....

SurfaceProArtist

If money's an issue, go for a discounted Surface Pro 1 or 2. The N-Trig experience will be improving over time, but the SP3 Core i3 $799 model won't be out for a while and it will have very little storage (64GB).