RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
krolichka

Batterylife

krolichka

How many times can you charge the surface pro1 battery before it dies completely? I connect the charger every day when i come to work even though the battery isnt empty, is that bad? Can i remove the battery myself and just connect the charger to save the battery?

pfinter

Most consumer devices now a days (tablets and phones) use Lithium-Ion batteries. These batteries are designed with a long life in mind. Unlike older rechargeable battery technologies, Lithium-Ion batteries don't require you to completely drain the charge out of the battery before recharging. You also cannot overcharge them and you will not shorten their lives by charging them all the time. 

WolfJT

Most consumer grade Lithium Ion batteries have around 500 or so charge cycles in them before you see deterioration. Usually a charge cycle consist of when the battery gets below +-40 percent of the charge, in general. By deterioration I mean not holding a charge as long as your use to. Heat, cold are factors in the life of the battery as well. The one good thing about Lithium Ion is they do not have the memory problem nickel metal hydride did or still does for that matter.

krolichka

Can i remove the battery myself and how much does a new battery cost for surface pro? Can you buy different batteries?

WolfJT

The Surface does not have a removable battery. Does it mean you can't remove it? No, but you'd have to take the tablet apart.

pfinter

I bet eventually, someone will come out with a replacement battery kit, that similarly to the screen replacement kits for phones and tablets, will allow you or the MS store to replace the battery. 

Peej42

Can I use my SP while it's charging or does that shorten the battery life?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Can I use my SP while it's charging or does that shorten the battery life?

Yes. No.