RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
reiaya

Zoom In And Out In Illustrator Default Stylus Sp2

reiaya

does anybody witj illustrator cs6 using the default stylus has the same problem as me, of the stylus never releasing? I zoom in, make an square and releas to see an specific part of my drawing... but for some reason my stylus nevé release, and so continues zoom in in and in and in.... until I select another tool, making my zoom tool rather unusable. someone help!

SurfaceProArtist

Sounds like pen tip might be sticking. You should test with another compatible pen. If you have a nearby Microsoft store, maybe they'll swap it out for you.

reiaya

oh noo!! there are no such stores like that where I live, but i do have the warranty, so maybe... is a hardware problem? that would be.. wonderful if it is... Is it the same stylus as the surface pro 1?

Edited by reiaya

SurfaceProArtist

Yes, the pens are the same in the SP1 and 2. There are plenty of replacements you can try, including S-Pens designed for Samsung Galaxy Notes. The key is to see whether the repeated clicking is reproducible with a different pen.

reiaya

agh...is really hard for me to get another stylus to test it without sneakily entering into a nest buy with my sp2 under my arm. But well Ill give it a try, because apparently I tried today outside on the windows explorer, tried to make a selection like in illustrator, of an square... and it worked! but sgaonndping the same in illustrator give the same issue, I hope is not my illustrator or should I download the updates?

SurfaceProArtist

Once you install the latest Wacom driver, let me know if you still have the issue with Illustrator. The fact that it works correctly in the desktop and not in the program leads me to think it's the driver. Until the most recent version of Illustrator CC, the program required Wintab support. That is what the Wacom drivers provide.

reiaya

well it gets better just a little, but still i cant pick up the color with the stylus, just like it select it and then i need to clic it with my finger... and also O tested today a bamboo stylus from another guy andnthe same with the color palette and well the zoom, get better a little. just wondering can I map a right click within the radial menu? I cant right? also I tried to map the ctrl, and the alt, but well i guess i need to map a complete action right? light ctrl+z or the alt innpsd that is for picking colors

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      By: JohnStutsman

Figure 1 – The Calhoun Technologies HP 686745-002 “Refurbished” drive-cage in anti-static package with Dell 15” mini SAS cable resting on top with other drive-cages and HPE ProLiant ML10v2 Server

A year ago when I was planning my move to Ohio I wanted to move my 5TB drives from my HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 to my HPE ProLiant ML10v2 in order to set up a “Mirror” backup of the files on my WHS2011 system using AllWay Sync on my ML10v2. The fastest way to make the move was to unplug the drive-cage in the ML30 Gen9 and plug it into the ML10v2! It fit perfectly and worked flawlessly. It also spoiled me!

After settling in Ohio, finally, I wanted to return the ML30 Gen9’s drive-cage to its rightful place and I began searching for the best low-cost way to add a drive-cage to my ML10v2 that worked like the one in the ML30 Gen9 instead of the stock ML10v2 drive-cage. There’s a great discussion in the HSS Forums documenting forum members search for a similar drive-cage.

Figure 2 – Pages 18 & 19 of HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server “Maintenance and Service Guide”; Part Number: 825545-001; December 2015; Edition 1; shows a spare part number 792351-001 for the Four-bay LFF Hot-plug drive backplane assembly which would include the a) Drive backplane and Drive cage – Part 792351-001 is the part I first looked for and found at Calhoun Technologies.

After reading some great suggestions in the Forums I stumbled upon the 792351-001 in the parts number of the ML30 Gen9 manual and thought it should fit the bill and found a low-cost option at Calhoun Technologies for a 792351-001 “Refurbished”.

Figure 3 – ML30Gen9 drive-cage (also 686745-002 footprint) compared to 792351-001 on bottom – the sharpie markings show how much wider the front of the 792351-001 frame is compared to the 686745-002 and why the front cover of the ML10v2 wouldn’t close on the 792351-001.

The 792351-001 did work in my ML10v2 but I could not close the front cover on the ML10v2, so I kept looking while also trying to modify the 792351 with my Dremel. I could make it fit finally, but only after a lot of Dremel work and the end result didn’t look good.

Figure 4 – Tag identifying the drive-cage assembly in ML30G9 as: HPE P/N 674790-002 Replace with spare HDD Cage, 4Lff, $u Gen8 Enhanced (686745-002) LITEON (Rev. 15-11-17. The 686745-002 that arrived was identified with a similar tag: HP P/N 674790-002 Replace with spare HDD Cage, 4LFF, 4U Gen8 Enhanced (686745-002) LITEON (Rev.A) 14-03-17.

On the drive-cage out of the ML30 Gen9 I found the part number 686745-002 which I thought was the part number of the cage alone. (I was wrong about that!) I found it at Calhoun Technologies listed as HP 686745-002 “Refurbished” SPS-HDD cage 4LFF 4U Enhanced. Thinking that it was likely only the drive-cage without a backplane I ordered it since with the 792351-001 I had an extra backplane. I was wrong! The part number referred to the assembly of the drive-cage and backplane.

As the following pictures will show the 686745-002 arrived with a backplane and it appears to be working flawlessly.

Figure 5 – Front and Back of Calhoun Technologies HP 686745-002 “Refurbished” SPS-HDD cage 4LFF 4U Enhanced

Figure 6 – Picture of backplanes L-R: ML30G9 Drive-Cage, 792351-001, and 686745-002

Video of my installation of the 686745-002.

Video 1 – Install Drive-Cage in HPE ProLiant ML10v2

Figure 7 – Calhoun Technologies HP 686745-002 “Refurbished” SPS-HDD cage 4LFF 4U Enhanced installed in HPE ProLiant ML10v2

Figure 8 – HPE ProLiant ML10v2 powered up and all 3.5” drives functioning in Calhoun Technologies HP 686745-002 “Refurbished” SPS-HDD cage 4LFF 4U Enhanced

Thanks to the members of HSS Forum Thread: ML10v2 Drive-Cage for their many insights and suggestions and thanks to forum member ToyCeli22 for starting the thread.

Figure 9 – 686745-002 drive-cage installed in ML10v2 on left and stock 674790-002 drive-cage back in the ML30Gen9 on right

In the As-Built that follows I list how this ML10v2 is loaded. Be sure to check out more on this at ML10 and ML10v2 Forum and ML10v2 Drive Cage Forum Thread.

As-Built (I named my Computer: SkyNet)
      HPE ProLiant ML10v2 Server Xeon E3-1220v3 32GB Unbuffered ECC RAM KVR16E11K4/32 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro B120i Logical Drive 01: OS drive – 1 x Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD in RAID0 on HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i RAID Controller – Port 1 (SATA III or 6GB/s) -- Icy Dock ExpressCage MB326SP-B Bay 1 B120i Logical Drive 02: Data drive – 1 x Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD in RAID0 on HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i RAID Controller – Port 2 (SATA III or 6GB/s) – Icy Dock ExpressCage MB326SP-B Bay 2 B120i Logical Drive 03: Data drive -- 4 x WD10JUCT 1TB 2.5” HDDs in RAID10 on HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i RAID Controller – Ports 3, 4, 5, & 6 (each SATA II or 3GB/s) – Icy Dock ExpressCage MB326SP-B Bays 3, 4, 5, & 6 P222 Logical Drive 01: Data drive – 4 x WD 5TB SE HDDs (WD5001F9YZ) in RAID5 on HP Dynamic Smart Array P222 RAID Controller Card – Ports 1, 2, 3, & 4 (each SATA III or 6GB/s) – mounted in Bays 1, 2, 3, & 4 of drive-cage 686745-002 “Refurbished” Calhoun Technologies Drive-cage 686745-002 “Refurbished” SPS-HDD cage 4LFF 4U Enhanced; Dell Poweredge T710 PG9KK Mini SAS SFF-8087 cable 15” (38cm) Icy Dock ExpressCage MB326SP-B (I used the existing SATA cable that had gone to the optical drive for bay 5 plus a Blue 18” SATA cable I had in stock from previous projects for Bay 6; StarTech Model SAS8087S450 19” (50cm) Serial Attached SCSI SAS Cable – SFF-8087 to 4x Latching SATA for Bays 1, 2, 3, & 4; I also used a Molex Y to two SATA Power Connectors) 60mm Fan mounted near the bottom front of ML10v2 to increase air flow for the P222 60mm Fan mounted in empty card slot to direct air flow directly on P222 heat sink (plus Molex to Fan splitter and Y Fan to 2 Fan connector cable)  

Please join us in the HSS Forums to discuss this and many other interesting topics.

References:

Check HSS Forum Post: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10796-ml10v2-drive-cage/

Scsi4me.com 3.5” Drive Tray Caddy 4 HP ProLiant ML350e ML310e SL250s Gen8 Gen9 G9 651314-001 http://www.ebay.com/itm/231001449171

Dell Poweredge T710 PG9KK Mini SAS SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 Cable 15” (38cm) https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Poweredge-PG9KK-SFF-8087-Cable/dp/B00NOEY3OS/ref=pd_sim_147_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1ZRF07DQQ5V1M36D045C

HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9 Server; Maintenance and Service Guide (Item 18 on pages 18-19 lists a Spare part number 792351-001 Four-bay LFF Hot-plug drive backplane assembly – this was where I initially got part number 792351-001 that I ordered from Calhoun Technologies – as stated earlier I found that it did work but I was unable to close the front cover of the ML10v2 or ML30G9 when that part was installed) http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04905980-1.pdf

Calhoun Technologies HP 686745-002 Refurbished http://www.calhountech.com/products/hp-686745-002-4-bay-sas-sata-lff-hot-plug-drv-cage.html

Additional Fans in the HPE ProLiant ML10v2 http://homeservershow.com/additional-fans-in-the-hpe-proliant-ml10v2.html

Installing Icy Dock 5.25” ExpressCage MB326SP-B http://homeservershow.com/installing-my-icy-dock-5-25-expresscage-mb326sp-b.html  

Other HSS ML10v2 Blog Postings: http://homeservershow.com/tag/ML10v2

HSS HP ProLiant ML10v2 postings: http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/forum/98-ml10-and-ml10v2/

Check out my ML10v2 Play List:

Unboxing Drive Caddies for my ML30 G9

• Truxi
      By Truxi
      Hi there, newbie here.  Just got myself a Surface Pro 2, and I'm looking to put some software on it.  I bought a copy of Manga Studio Ex 4.0 awhile back, but it's on disk.  Is there a way for me to install it?  Preferably without having to buy another piece of hardware?

I tried putting the disc contents on a jump drive, and that seemed to work, but after I put in my serial number, it told me it couldn't do things until I put the disc in.

Thanks!
    • usacic
      By usacic
      I just updated my Surface RT to 8.1 and I am loving it. It is faster prettier and smoother. However, I don't seem to be able to get the photo app to display any pictures from my SD card. Any one else having this issue? any one with a temporary fix?
    • JohnTW
      By JohnTW
      Acer Iconia W3-810-1600 (32GB)

* I present my initial impressions and plan a review which I will append later along with answering any questions the community might have. I apologize if I am providing too much or too little details. *

I ordered the device from Staples due to their return policy, $349+tax pricing and Friday delivery (06/28) via UPS. I also ordered the official Acer Tablet Protective Case from Office Depot due to availability there and it arrived on Thurs (06/27). I plan to pair it with a Microsoft Wedge Keyboard and Mouse as needed. I am off from work for a week, and have time to really use the device before deciding to keep it.

Unboxing
      - Packaging is nice and targeted to attract a younger (student) audience
      - Funny enough, the recovery media is on a DVD (I will make my own USB stick)
      - License key included on separate paper
      - Power adapter and prong plug are separate items, easy to assemble
      - Looks good in the box, was glad I bought it, if even for just a test

First Impressions
      * I read the few reviews out there, but decided to ignore those going in. I really want to love this device as it is the size I want and offers the functionality I need. *
      - Feels better than I expected, with the white plastic being nicer feeling (sturdy with a pleasant texture) than the silver backing (which isn't too bad and similiar to the Samsung Chromebook, which I owned for a week)
      - Power plug went in firmly, and doesn't feel loose
      - The other ports look like they might need to be treated with care, and could fall into the device easily (I'll test later)
      - It feels dense but not too heavy (it did get heavier as I held it)
      - Powered on with power plugged in, battery was 20% or less
      - Slow on first boot for Acer setup (slower than Asus VivoTab Smart)
      - The screen is horrendous... "I should just box it back up right now" is how I felt
      - There is a "filter" (for lack of a better term) on the LCD making it look poor and pixelated to death
      - Looks like a cheap screen protector placed between LCD and glass
      - Large gap between LCD and glass, might even see some dust particles in there (or dead pixels)
      - It is hard to really measure this screen due to the "filter" effect going on
      - Think cheap GPS display on car 5 years ago as a reference for quality
      - Viewing angles are attorcious when in the hand
      - It looks OK when sitting on a stand on the table
      - Once you pick it up both brightness and colors become non-uniform
      - I want to call Acer and ask them if them meant to ship it like this (REALLY!)
      * I am going to ignore the screen the best I can. I believe I have 14-days to return this to Staples with no questions or restocking fees. I'd like to test the device. HOWEVER, it will be hard to forgive. I can take poor anything except for the display.*

Setup
      - I walked through the setup using the express settings
      - First thing I found was bloatware... tons of it, both Acer apps and third party apps
      - Instead of cleaning up and updating the machine I decided to jump right in with Windows 8.1
      - I did not find it in the Windows Store, but went to the Windows 8.1 Preview site, downloaded a standalone installer which seems to be installing some mandatory updates to 8.0 first
      - Once updates were applied, I was asked to restart and it began to install 24 updates
      - I do notice it gets warm on the left side near the power button when in landscape mode
      - Back to the screen... it looks substantially better displaying the white text on blue background Windows uses during applying/installing updates (Is there HOPE?!?!)
      - Nope, the screen looks hideous when it is anything but white text on a blue background (Maybe 8.1 will magically fix it? lol)
      - After installing and applying all necessary updates, it rebooted one last time and prompted me to go to the Windows Store and download Windows 8.1 Preview (1.95GB)
      - Sadly, it hung on Pending... I cancelled the install and restarted... went back to Windows Store and it was still Pending
      - While I uninstalled apps via the Control Panel, I checked back and saw it was 40% downloaded (Woo-hoo!)
      - Installer progresses through many stages, with Gathering Info the longest
      - After a restart the Acer boot screen was on Setting Up for a good 30-40 minutes
      - And then it went through various other phases of setting things up
      - I will continue using the device when the install is completed and battery charged
      * I still want to like this device and am looking forward to trying out Windows 8.1 Preview and to start using my favorite apps and websites/services. I realize I probably should have made a recovery USB stick before upgrading to Windows 8.1 as I might not want to return it with 8.1 Preview on it. *

Future Use Places (I will append this review with additional posts)
      - Without case and with case
      - Living Room (typically low light)
      - Bedroom (typically no light)
      - Waiting Room (hospital visit to family member, medium - lots of light)
      - Car (bright light and using phone as hotspot)
      - Outside Patio (bright light)
      - Table w/ Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse (typical work/travel setup)

Other Tablets I Might Consider
      Lenovo Miix 8 (it is is real and will ship in the North American market)
      Microsoft Surface 7-8" (pretty please!!!)
      Microsoft Surface RT 2 (if it is announced)
      Samsung ATIV Tab 3 (although not a Samsung fan, it looks nice although larger than I would prefer)

About My Devices

Current Devices:
      - LG Optimus G Pro (5.5" 1920x1080)
      - Chromebook Pixel (12.85" 2650x1700)
      - Mac mini - 2013 (w/ Dell 23" 1080p display)
      - iPhone 4S - work phone

Previous Devices:
      - Asus VivoTab Smart (10.1" 1366x768, similar specs to W3 otherwise)
      - Nexus 4
      - iPhone 5
      - iPad Mini
      - Nexus 7
      - iPad w/ Retina Display - 3rd Gen
      - Samsung Chromebook ($249 model which I returned to get a Pixel)
      - Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 (returned for poor build quality)

I want a 7-8" tablet for the following:
      - Quickly accessing apps (or web apps) like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
      - Run TeamViewer application when VPN is not available
      - Ability to pair with a keyboard and mouse
      - Ability to act as a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync client that is not blocked by my work (Android was recently blocked)
      - Reading Amazon Kindle books
      - Streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime Video
      - Run Chrome for cross platforming syncing and services that I use with my Android phone and Mac at home
      - Ability to run Cisco AnyConnect (not 100% needed thanks to TeamViewer)
      - Ability to run RDP apps to connect to work PC (only if VPN works)

• usacic
      By usacic
      I have been having a little issue with 8.1 every now and then tiles disappear from the start screen, I have not been able to replicate the problem but t happen in 2 separate instances. Anyone else having this issue?