RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
ROZZ

Windows Phone 8.1 Update First Impressions

tojoski

Is anyone else running 8.1 still having battery issues? I can't put my finger on it, but something is still causing sporadic battery issues on my 920.

Yesterday I took it off the charger at 8am, and when I looked at it at lunchtime my battery was at 10%, I hadn't used it at all.

WolfJT

I have noticed more battery drain on my 520 and 8X. I think it's to be expected for now. Once the manufacturers get the OS tuned for the specific hardware we'll see a big difference.

pfinter

Is anyone else running 8.1 still having battery issues? I can't put my finger on it, but something is still causing sporadic battery issues on my 920.

Yesterday I took it off the charger at 8am, and when I looked at it at lunchtime my battery was at 10%, I hadn't used it at all.

Normally it's fine. I have also experienced a battery drain issue on my Nokia 920 since I upgraded to the wp 8.1 update. However, I only experienced it once and I'm attributing it to a bad background process.  Have not had the problem since then.

I experienced an issue with alarms that worked fine before and worked fine after that suddenly stopped working. I fixed the issue by dropping the alarm an recreating it. 

Finally, Again with the alarms, I've had the alarm not sound if the Ringer + Notification sound was at 0 or on vibrate only. This is very frustrating as I use the phone as my alarm clock. So, kind of a problem if I sleep through the alarm.

Everything else appears to be working fine. Though, another gripe was now the added complexity of wanting to use the "Bing Vision" app for scanning barcodes at the store. Used to have to only select the search button and then select the eyeball icon and scan away.  Now, I have to select the camera... lenses... then finally the Bing Vision app. I didn't even know it was app! I thought it was just built into the search app. Sorry I'm griping but, I don't care for Cortana. It's silly and makes too many mistakes. 

mjgerrard

I also got a little tired of Cortana and found I used it very little. As a UK user I had to set my region to the US to get it to work, and came across a strange problem where my phone would refuse to set the time correctly! I could tell this because every time I loaded the eBay app it would ask me to correct the time before use.

As a result of this, I would get certificate errors for any HTTPS website I browse to (Such as twitter.com), and Windows update would refuse to work. Pretty much all the usual things that go wrong with Windows when the time is off!

A factory reset was the only fix, and now back in the UK region everything works great. Happy I did a reset actually - performance and battery life have improved!