RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Nickolai

Screen Protector Recommendation For Surface Pro 2

Nickolai

I'm going to buy a Surface Pro 2 and I would like to hear your advice regarding the screen protector I should buy for it.

I always use a screen protector on my touch devices: I got Belkin MatteScreen on an iPad and HTC's glossy one on the HTC One mini. I may not use a sleeve, but I would always use a screen protector on a portable device, especially if it is designed to be scrubbed with a stylus.

I think I would go for a matte one for Surface Pro 2. Which one would you recommend? I'm not doing this wrong, screen protectors do work with a pressure-sensitive screen, don't they?

callihan44

I'm not a screen protector fan myself so I can't recommend any, I've used the stylus and never noticed any markings on the screen . I enjoy seeing the screen in its full glory without any odd protectors distorting the image.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Any matte finish should do. That is all I get as I hate glossy screens.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Deckyon

The only screen protector I recommend is the Zagg InvisibleShield.  http://www.zagg.com

Their lifetime warranty is worth every penny.  I have the InvisibleShield HD version on my devices.  MY iPhone and iPad ones I have replaced a few times already - more just because they got dirty.  They sent me new ones with no issues, not even charging shipping.  I recommend them all the time, and the people who have gotten them have been happy.  Personally, I dont like the Matte versions, I think they dull the screens (last I looked, the Pro2's have glossy screens anyway.)

SurfaceProArtist

I don't know...the handful of reviews on the Zagg Surface Pro 2 page don't seem very happy with the product.

kylejwx

I will throw in annother vote for zagg invisible shield HD. Thats what I use. Screen protectors are personal preference, but the HD ones are much nicer and I like how they feel better than just the screen itself. They also just released zagg glass which is amazing but I think it's only for phones right now.

Edited by kylejwx

Candy

I like the Expert Shield protectors.  I have one for both my Surface Pro 2 and my Lumia 1520.  Great customer service, too, but not the cheapest.

By the way, whatever you choose, be prepared for a long job when you come to apply the protector.  The larger the device, the harder it is to get a dust-free installation.

Alternatively, (and somewhat obviously) get a Touch or Type keyboard and don't bother?