RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

Happiness Is

WolfJT

Happiness is knowing my local cell carrier Cincinnati Bell struck a deal to sell out to Verizon. So, anyone with a contract will be able to choose their next carrier and not suffer early termination fees. I'm thinking I want to go with At&T due to the amount of Windows Phone choices. I'd love to hear from people on AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and TMobile. How is the service?

cskenney

You really want to talk to people who have those service providers in your primary use area.  If you travel a lot then your choice may be different.  is your use mainly near your home and the surrounding area?

WolfJT

I intend to talk to local people for sure. I am a traveler, I'm interested in overall satisfaction not mainly signal coverage but how good the companies treat their customers. When you talk to people about their carrier I always get the feeling no one likes who they have, it's the grass is greener thing. 

kylejwx

First of all, I do agree with cskenney about checking with people who are using the service near where you live or will be traveling to. I have had Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile and I have not had any major customer service issues with any of them.  Here are a couple of bullet points about different companies based on what I have seen.

1. I guess you could say that Verizon is the most strict, meaning that they follow the rules and policies and don't often make exceptions.  However, they don't often make mistakes and so they don't often need to make exceptions.  And it's not like the policies are meant to mess customers up, but if it says that the late fee for your bill is X you can expect to pay X if you are late.

2. In my area, Verizon coverage is fantastic and they do really have the most 4G LTE out of everyone.

3. T-Mobile is really great on pricing, especially if you have 5 or less phone lines.  T-Moible coverage maps generally indicate good coverage in cities, but it tends to drop off between cities.

4. T-Mobile offers wifi calling.  Sprint is trying to roll this out, but T-Mobile has been doing it for years and it is fantastic.

5. Sprint seems to do a pretty good job taking care of the customers they have (for example going above and beyond to fix things if they make a mistake.)

6. Where I have lived in Indiana and Ohio, Sprint says they offer coverage but I have seen way to many network issues for me to use it personally in this area.

7.  AT&T seems like the middle of the road option.  Pricing has come down recently and customer service is fine.  They might make more mistakes than Verizon, but they fix them.  They seem to have more coverage than Sprint and T-Mobile.

8. AT&T has a lot better bring your own phone options than Verizon.  (For example you could buy some Lumia 520s really cheap and try out their service with no contract and then decide if you want to stick around.)

Either way, now is a good time to switch, because both Verizon and AT&T are offering $100 bill credits per new line of service started before the end of April.

callihan44

I have at&t and ive had pretty good luck with them for many years now. I get a company discount since all of our company phones are with them as well, coverage is important to me and ive traveled across the country and haven't had any problems with coverage.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I travel a lot in the US, Europe and

Asia. Hands down, Verizon has the best coverage. They have always had coverage regardless of where I am. AT&T would be next but its a big gap.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Edited by ImTheTypeOfGuy

JWA0507

Using my new Lumina Icon on Verizon network in the Chicago area and have to say to date he coverage is fantastic. I've had data conception and download issues with sprint.

So I decided to switch.

The fact that sprint carries little to no windows phones also contributed to my decision.

WolfJT

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

pfinter

I have at&t and ive had pretty good luck with them for many years now. I get a company discount since all of our company phones are with them as well, coverage is important to me and ive traveled across the country and haven't had any problems with coverage.

To add to callihan44, I also have had great service with at&t. When I was in Hawaii on my anniversary this past fall, I was able to Skype with my daughter in the midwest, from Poipu beach, near the blowhole, using my Nokia 920. The picture was great from both sides and it was as if my daughter was on the island too. It was a great experience.

In the midwest, I have had great service with at&t and the price has been great too especially since they dropped my rate. I now have 5 phones and a Nokia 2520 on my family plan. 10 GB of Cell Data a month and I pay less than when we had just 4 phones sharing 1 GB.  

Customer service has been great. When we went into the local at&t store, they did an exceptional job of making sure we were happy.  No complaints.

kylejwx

@pfinter I agree that there are many positives to ATT's new pricing, especially the bring your own phone options. However my understanding is that the new monthly rate plan doesn't include a phone subsidy, meaning that your bill could go up significantly especially if you upgrade multiple phone at once.

Is this something that you are worried about?