RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
KahunaCowboy

Alternative Stylus Pens?

KahunaCowboy

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, I am looking to upgrade my stylus for my Surface Pro. The included one seems more like an afterthought the a quality accessory.

Can anyone recommend a stylus that is on par with performance of the original and still offers right click capability?

Thanks!

SurfaceProArtist

Check out my blog for replacement stylus reviews. Just search "pens."

I personally like the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel for its weight, but it only has one button and no eraser tip. The Fujitsu T5000 is a bit light for my taste, but it has dual buttons and an eraser. 

callihan44

I may eventually replace mine, the stock one feels cheap and I don't doubt I will end up breaking it. I use it mainly for desktop programs like photoshop/ premiere

DWTrump

I got an Axiotron Studio Pen a few years ago for use with my Samsung Slate, and it is still my preferred stylus for any Wacom-compatible device.  I use it on my Surface Pro 2 (used on original Surface Pro, as well) and on my Asus VivoTab Note 8 (when the AVTN8 actually works, that is).

It has a great feel to it, comes with several different tips, 2 buttons and an eraser.  They aren't widely distributed as far as I can tell, but I got mine through Amazon via a 3rd party seller.

Good link here that talks about it vs a Wacom stylus (the thread is a few years old, but has a picture for comparison):

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/accessories/36070-axiotron-wacom-pen.html

pSTANchio

Check out my blog for replacement stylus reviews. Just search "pens."

I personally like the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Feel for its weight, but it only has one button and no eraser tip. The Fujitsu T5000 is a bit light for my taste, but it has dual buttons and an eraser. 

+1 to this pen. Switched it out because of the better weight distribution while writing.

hertsjoatmon

Between the axiotron and the wacom bamboo I have I choose the Wacom the majority of the time. Its a shame that there is no where to hold the pen when not in use, but that can be rectified with a stick on pen loop. I have one on my type cover that I store my bamboo in.