RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Samsung Note Pro 12.2

jwaldosand

So I just purchased the 12.2"  Samsung Note Pro.  I bought it for the wacom tech and its amazing 2500 x 1600 12.2" screen.  I use it for Sketchbook Pro which I really like.  I sold my Wacom Cintiq 21 and to be honest the drawing experience on the Samsung is better for me.  I do not have the parallax issue of the pen always being some distance from the pen cursor.  Also the resolution is so fine it is a pleasure to work with.  I used my Cintq mostly to mark up screen shots.  The Note has an ability be used as a second monitor so I should be able to do most of what I did before.  I'll have to try that one out soon.Super nice to have a tablet for sketching.  I never could get used to the Cintiq ergonomics and size.  Too high  if used flat and the easel mode just feels more like painting than sketching. the tablets advantage is portability.  Being able to take photos and sketch on or mark them up.  The office can put images on Drop box for me to pick up remotely.  The only down side I see is it is on the android OS so the version of sketchbook has less features than those running on windows.  

I like my Note Pro a lot too, but the software selection is really limited vs. Windows. I was very surprised how different Sketchbook Pro on Android is vs. the desktop Win 8 version. Also I haven't found anything that approaches the line fidelity of Manga Studio 5 on Android.

Edited by surfaceproartist