RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
davzsurfacepro

Fyi: Wireless Adapter Is Quietly Being Discontinued

davzsurfacepro

FYI: I'm sure this affects a small percentage of surface users...

The touch/type/power keyboard wireless adapter is being discontinued...(says Mary Jo)

I've ordered mine, hope it works with the power cover. I'm a heavy pen user (structural engineer) and I don't want to go over the keyboard to do markups. Folding the keyboard under means I can't use keyboard shortcuts with my left hand.

simpkijd

I thought this little adapter was quite useful. I don't use mine everyday but when I need clever solution, it solves a problem.

Perhaps MS should have advertised this product a little more. I wonder how many surface owners even know this accessory existed?

pfinter

Probably very few. I saw the first one sitting on a counter at my local Best Buy. It was haphazardly sitting next to a non-surface device... with the battery cover off and no batteries. It wasn't connected to a keyboard. When I walked over to the Surface accessories section, I saw another hanging from the display. I then realized what the device was.

I guess I never really thought of why this device had a purpose. To me the idea of having a tablet was to have it right in your hand or within arms reach. Now, having used the tablet connected to a TV across the room, the device makes sense. Not sure I would have ever used it but, now I get the reason for the device.

mjgerrard

These never materialised at all in the UK sadly, and I really fancied one. I put off purchasing one from across the pond, but now I might have missed my chance. Does anyone know (Other than eBay) who sells and delivers across to us? Thanks!

callihan44

I purchased one of these hoping to use it with the type keyboard and the dell venue pro but it didn't work correctly with the dell for some reason

ImTheTypeOfGuy

The dell venue doesn't work very well so that isn't too surprising to me. Mine loses touch capability and has to be rebooted.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

mjgerrard

Hopefully my cousin in the USA has purchased one for me this morning as it looks like Best Buy still has them (We don't have Best Buy over here yet). Posting from the US is going to take some time but can't wait to get hold of one and try it out.

mjgerrard

Mine just arrived and it seems to work well with my Type Cover 2. I'm glad I picked one up! It'll come in handy for plugging the Surface into the TV via HDMI and controlling the PC without getting up.

In fact it's improved lapability too, as I can just type on my lap but move the Surface to the arm of the chair for better readability. 

Very happy.