RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Crazy European Touch Cover 2 Not Working

PRSmith

I bought a Surface Pro 2 in Europe with the Touch Cover 2. The Touch Cover 2 has the EU QWERTZ layout versus the North American QWERTY keyboard. That I could live with BUT the SP@ doesn't recognize the QWEERTZ layout an a bunch of keys don't work correctly. I chatted with MS Support and their answers was the TC2 must be broken. Not likely in my mind, must be a setting somewhere - HELP

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Truxi
      By Truxi
      Hi there, newbie here.  Just got myself a Surface Pro 2, and I'm looking to put some software on it.  I bought a copy of Manga Studio Ex 4.0 awhile back, but it's on disk.  Is there a way for me to install it?  Preferably without having to buy another piece of hardware?

I tried putting the disc contents on a jump drive, and that seemed to work, but after I put in my serial number, it told me it couldn't do things until I put the disc in.

Thanks!
    • Tatious
      By Tatious
      Hey all,
      I turn to you becuase I have a serious issue with color banding. I've seen fixes with this by sorting out preferences in the Intel graphics menu- but I have no idea how to pull this up or if I need to install special drivers to do so.
      I've been trying to paint and ANY darker shades just equal banding blobs. It's awful!
      https://twitter.com/Tatious/status/450896948745105408 for reference.. and don't even get me started on using any shade of black.

Have you all encountered this? What was your fix?
    • reiaya
      By reiaya
      does anybody witj illustrator cs6 using the default stylus has the same problem as me, of the stylus never releasing? I zoom in, make an square and releas to see an specific part of my drawing... but for some reason my stylus nevé release, and so continues zoom in in and in and in.... until I select another tool, making my zoom tool rather unusable. someone help!
    • reiaya
      By reiaya
      Everyday, I want to love my new surface pro 2, and everyday I have q new problem that makes me cry of why I didn't bought an apple macbook air. Like I never had brand new problems everyday.

first the artdock, I cant managed to make it run check the posts of it that i already posted.

So now is freaking mozilla firefox. everything was ok, just suddenly my touch stop working. I can type with the keyboard on screen but whenever I tried to click back or something my touch is not detected, So i need to use the freaking stylus for all! even the scroll that is a pain seems iy waw faster with my finger and now I need to calculated the bar to put on my cursor and scroll!

aaaaahhhh! and again nothing on the web about this error or i dont know how to google it.

it started yesterday at night, after i was trying to install the horrid artdock...so im not sure if thst program, hotkey did something to spoil my firefox. Even yesterday my touch didn't work in my task bar, just the stencil. (and not, i never managed to have the artdock shortcuts in screen so i couldnt have disable my touch)
    • MrSteve007
      By MrSteve007
      Thought you guys might appreciate my Surface Pro 2 desk layout. Anyone who says that a Surface Pro 2 can't replace a desktop, hasn't seen my setup:

The Surface Pro 2 is on the bottom left - plus there's a Surface 2 in the middle, and a iPad 2 on the right.

Here's the monitor layout from the Surface Pro 2:

Displays:
      - Surface Pro 2: 1920 x 1080

- Displayport - Dell U2913WM, 29" wide: 2560 x 1080
      - Daisychained Displayport - Dell U2713HM: 2560 x 1440

Via USB 3.0 Toshiba Dynadock port extender
      - DVI Dell 2408WFP 1200 x 1920
      - HDMI Dell 2408WFP 1200 x1920

Also included, dock, external 2TB drive (under desk), USB DVD drive, Wacom Inuos 3. 

The Surface Pro 2 handles these tasks with aplumb. I frequently use Adobe Photoshop CC and Premiere CC and will edit large, multi-hour HD videos along with short 4K content. When out off the office, I'll undock the SP2 and use a T-mobile LTE hotspot while on the go. I look forward to integrating my new Surface Pro 3, 512 into this setup.