RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Hdmi Cable + Keyboard Wireless Adpater = Awesome

simpkijd

Hey Guys

Just thought I'd share a good idea if you a constant traveler like me.  I'd suggest you run out and purchase the following:

1. Surface 2

2. Type 2 Keyboard

3. Wireless keyboard adapter

4. Cheap HDMI cable

I've pleasantly surprised at how well this combo works while sitting in my hotel room.  I have my Surface 2 plugged into the hotel flat screen TV with a cheap HDMI cable and sitting back on the sofa typing with the Type 2 keyboard fitted with the wireless adapter.

I'd really pleased at how well this combo works.  I've been able to watch Netflix thru the TV, listen to Xbox music as well as watch the latest episode of Cosmos purchased from the XBOX video store.  The video on the TV Looks great

I'm typing this post using this set up now.  I'm tempted to run out tomorrow and by a cheap wired Xbox 360 controller and play games.  Again, this may seem a little lame for those that don't travel much but I'm on the road til the end of April so having the comforts of home in such a small package is kinda cool.

Nice. The wireless keyboard adapter seems to be often overlooked and I know I forgot about that option until you just brought it up.

I was doing that two weeks ago while in Singapore. I use vudu and flixter. I don't use the wireless keyboard though because my hdmi cable is about ten feet.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

My wife and I did this the other day. We used the mini hdmi adaptor and plugged our surface RT into our 55" visio tv so we could watch some ABC tv app shows. Worked great except ABC needs to rotate through their commercials more (repeating most of the same commercials gets pretty old.) However, we were able to watch some shows that she was unable to watch on her kindle fire HD. Apparently, the Windows app allows greater freedom than the kindle app.