RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
kylejwx

Replacing A Surface Pro 2

kylejwx

My dad got the surface pro 2 right when it came out and he really likes it. However, over Christmas my sister got the Lenovo yoga 2 pro, and my dad realized that his old eyes can see a 13" screen way better than a 10" screen.

So he is thinking about selling the Surface and going with an ultrabook. From what I can tell the yoga 2 pro is still one of the top laptops around the $1000 price range.

What other laptops should he consider in that price range?

JWA0507

I have just purchased a Dell XPS 11 yoga like ultra book. unfortunately its only 11.6 inch screen but I find it very easy to see and use.

If he's really looking for a larger screen size ultra book the Lenovo s a great choice. I would also recommend maybe just plugging the surface into a larger screen. 

JROrtiz

Sony VAIO Pro is an awesome machine. I have the 11 and love it. Then again, I think I've only had one non-Sony laptop in my life so I may be a bit biased.

GreatTiger

I have a Yoga 2 Pro and it is a great machine for the money.  I think for around $1,000 I got the i5/256GB/8GB 13" model back in December.  Screen is awesome, build quality is great, and it is very portable.

Only complaints would be how small some things on the desktop look even with scaling pushed up and my yellows are still not quite right.  Other than that, no complaints/regrets.  A 13" screen is perfect for me for a laptop and 8" screen is perfect for me for a tablet. 

kylejwx

Thanks for the help everyone. I will take a look the suggestions and see if anything seems like a fit for him.

@greattiger con you provide more detail in the scaling issues? What settings have you tried and is it only with certain programs?

Obviously the point of getting a larger screen is to see it better, but since the yoga has a higher resolution will things actually look smaller?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

What about the x1 carbon. I don't know the price range but they are excellent machines.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk