RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The Amount Of Stupid

FinsUpDNC

Surface as a brand has some issues, but I really wonder if we really know the damage done by the big boys of tech media just dismissing it as a legit product at any turn.  Whatever our opinion of engadget they have a pretty big reader base, but worse a lot of the mainstream media takes their cues from them (and the verge).  So here is a tweet just now to his 80,000 followers.

Ryan Block @ryan 
Turned on my Surface 2 earlier this week. It demanded I update the device, but the device wouldn’t update. Some products do deserve to fail.

Yesterday while in our Denver office I was helping a coworker with her iPhone. When we got it connected to iTunes, it 'demanded' we update. My companies mobile device manager handles updates, but iTunes did not like that.

Ignorance or arrogance, probably both. and it is reinforced by the media. I find iPhone pundits to be the worst 'sheep', believing their ecosystem is without question the best.

Some see the value:

http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/1156-surface-review-by-twin-cities-tech-writer/

I saw that too. The lack of intelligence in the so called tech media is abundant. Even comments from some of the Twitt shows makes me sick at the pure ignorance they have on the subject matter. MS isn't perfect by an stretch but they are being left out of these new markets because of a lot of disinformation and pure bias of the media.

what  an f'n troll.  he was running 8.1 preview! it expired in Jan.

Ryan Block 

@ryan
@surface 8.1 Preview not updating. Hassled with it for 3 days, finally fixed and it’s updated in normal working order. So over this, though.

Yes we all understand that.  Sadly however as I posted above he has way to much influence, and it is ridiculous.  As John pointed out, Surface 2 launched with 8.1, so how the hell was he running 8.1 preview?

Maybe it was V1 and he is too stupid to know it.

I wonder what he said about apples major security breach last month. Probably nothing as that wouldn't support his agenda.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

He responded to say it was SurfaceRT, but preview expired in January........and there are instructions on the MS site which I nicely pointed him to.  Nothing wrong with pointing out flaws etc, and Surface has enough issues....but that is ridiculous.  If you use a beta/preview you can't pretend you are using the OS.

I have learned that a lot of these guys based in the bay area are too biased towards Apple and Google, when I hear or read one of these experts refer to the top technology companies as Apple, Google and Facebook?. I don't consider Facebook a tech company as much as a social website that relies on technology for its operations.

Too many of these blog sites allow too much personal bias into their writing and don't present a balanced view.