RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
kokerson

External Web Cam For Rt

kokerson

Hello:

I can't seem to find an external (via USB) web cam that works with Surface RT.  I am running 8.1.

I have a Logitech C650 but can't seem to get it to work.

Any ideas?  I don't like using the built in cam at the top of the screen.

Thanks,

Kevin

kokerson

Thanks for your time.  I check the app store from time to time and the Logitech site, no luck.

Kevin

FinsUpDNC

Even the Microsoft lifecams won't work :)

pfinter

Even the Microsoft lifecams won't work :)

I was pretty ticked when I found the MS LifeCam didn't work.

CommonTek

Gotta love RT, "here is this kind sorta okay os that will work with none of your current peripherals, even MS produced one's... Enjoy!"

pfinter

Xbox 360 controllers will work with RT...

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

cjohnson2136

I'm sure getting webcams drivers built into a tablet was not on their priority list considering it has a built in webcam

pfinter

True but, the quality of the built in cams for the Surface RT were mediocre.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

cjohnson2136

Yeah that is understandable because of that. The question would be how many people really think the quality is bad. I'm sure there are plenty that just dont care

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• mysterysh33p
      By mysterysh33p
      Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is in the correct category but I wanted to share my thoughts and current dilema and see if I can get some feedback or recommendations.

I'm currently on the hunt for an external battery that will work for the surface pro 1. I've done some research and found a cord and purchased it after reading up on other blogs and forums.

Now I am looking for the battery itself. I'm looking for something that will give it about 4 more hours of battery life. I'm using the surface pro as my portable solution to digital drawing at conventions instead of having to bring my laptop and large pen display. I love the battery life it currently has, but adding 4 more hours or so will make it so I can cut costs on paying extra for electricity (on top of the fee for the table) at conventions and faires.

The requirements for the cable to work would be DC12V 3.6A. I'm sort of tech savvy when it comes to computer software but electrical and hardware are not my strongest points.

I've spent days looking for a battery but I also have a limited budget and can't afford to spend hundreds on a unit.

Here's a list of some batteries I found, would anyone be able to tell me if they would work? If not what would you recommend?

OXA Metal Box S1

NewNow Multifunction Power Bank

Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2

I would like know if anyone currently has a solution for their battery bank needs and would like to hear from you! Mind you I'm not very savvy with electrical modding so any simple solutions would be great to hear.