RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
LawnPaul

Controller Update

LawnPaul

If you own a Xbox One, then you have a controller update that Microsoft has done a horrid job of mentioning.

Yes, they did say there was a firmware update for the controllers in the latest Xbox update, but they did not mention you need to plug in each controller via USB and manually update them.

To do this you need to go to settings. The only way I know how to do that is "Xbox go to settings". Then go to 'System' and you will see the option to update your controller.

This update was to help the controller work better with titan fall and other fps games. I can't believe there was no prompt to let you know this needs to be done. Shame.

Sent from my L920 using Tapatalk

ShaunKL

Are you sure it's not just the stereo adapter update?

LawnPaul

It may be, it may not be, either way we haven't been notified this was needed to be done. That's what's disappointing. I know the last xbox update specifically had a controller firmware update, and Microsoft itself said it was at the request of the titian fall developers.

Sent from my L920 using Tapatalk

tiwahu

Sounded like the controller firmware update was just for the stereo headset adapter...and there would be a prompt to do so when you first hooked it up?!?  I don't have a headset yet, I so can't confirm.  :(

Paulo33Gen

This is how large companies work, sometimes they forget about the elementary. It happens ... but I do not want to fall for such tricks.