RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Icy Dock MB982SPR-2S Dual 2.5” RAID Enclosure

Dave

I have had better luck with DiskCopy over Clonezilla. DiskCopy is also a little bit more straightforward with their UI.

FWIW, I used Acronis!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• ikon

• Weed099

Acronis works great however there is a cost. The trial version lets you backkup and restore but not clone. To clone, you need the paid versions

Just received my IcyDock MB982SPR-2S today, mounted the 2 new Seagate 500G drives in it (they go in so easy) and now just waiting for the new EX490 to show up from HP Australia. Cool product, just wish they had put the connectors at the other end of it so the lights shown forward not backward.

All up $253.00 including shipping and GST.

gib

For anyone interested, we are giving away a couple products for the month of March, one of them is the MB982SPR-2S. Just like our Facebook page, enter and you might get picked at the end of the month.

www.facebook.com/icydockusa

Glad you guys are digging this product as much as we are!

For anyone interested, we are giving away a couple products for the month of March, one of them is the MB982SPR-2S. Just like our Facebook page, enter and you might get picked at the end of the month.

Done and done. :)

Nice of you to give product away; too bad it's on FB — don't have an account, never will have one.

• 3 weeks later...

I used this enclosure with two Western Digital 500GB AV-25 series drives as the boot drive in my HP Data Vault X510 WHS V1 machine. It's working well now, but not so good at first...

Keep in mind that the WD AV-25 Series are Advanced Format drives. Using any of them with WHS V1 will require the drive partitions to be aligned using the Western Digital Align utility.

Performance was miserable until I realized that they are Advanced Format. Once I used the WD Align utility, all was well.

A friendly heads-up to save other folks from the pain I went through. Don't mention it- my contribution.

I used this enclosure with two Western Digital 500GB AV-25 series drives as the boot drive in my HP Data Vault X510 WHS V1 machine. It's working well now, but not so good at first...

Keep in mind that the WD AV-25 Series are Advanced Format drives. Using any of them with WHS V1 will require the drive partitions to be aligned using the Western Digital Align utility.

Performance was miserable until I realized that they are Advanced Format. Once I used the WD Align utility, all was well.

A friendly heads-up to save other folks from the pain I went through. Don't mention it- my contribution.

Again, as in the other thread, I believe you only need to put a jumper on pins 7 & 8 of the drive to make it work with v1.