RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Function Key Remapping

drv

Is there any easy, fast way to remap the function keys on a Surface 2 Pro Type Cover other than individually with remapping a program? I want the F keys to work as simple F keys, not the media keys. When I need them I'm happy to select the FN key for those purposes.

I only have original Pro but if you Press “Fn” + “Caps” keys simultaneously to set the lock and remove the lock.

Took me ages to find this and It is easy to forget, also no tool-tip or confirmation is is not obvious when it's on/off 

Edited by JonHill

I only have original Pro but if you Press “Fn” + “Caps” keys simultaneously to set the lock and remove the lock.

Took me ages to find this and It is easy to forget, also no tool-tip or confirmation is is not obvious when it's on/off 

Yes, that works on a Surface 2 Pro. Thanks, Jon. Unfortunately it also redefines PgUp, PgDn, Home and End. All I really want is F2 and F5 to be changed. The others can stay the same. I guess I'll go back to remapping individual keys.

That begs the question: is there a source for all the myriad Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts? I know of Winkey+ E, X, Q, R, D, I and now Fn+Caps. I'm sure there are many more.

Edited by drv

Actually, there are several windows 8 apps you can download from the app store. Do a search on "windows 8 shortcuts". Several free options are available. The one I use has 4 stars and has 1,075 reviews (Windows 8 Cheat Keys).  The other apps have considerably less reviews. 

• Like 1