RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Microsoft Onedrive - Are You Using It?

pfinter

Looks like I got it as well. I also have a 25 GB enthusiast bonus. Not sure how I got it.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Enthusiastically?  :D

pfinter

Use and love. I use multiple phones, computers, and tablets, so its amazing for me!

I also enjoy going through my camera roll on the Xbox.

OneDrive is also a great tool for sharing notes and work files. We keep all our excel spread sheets shared, and its great.

Sent from my L920 using Tapatalk

I use it this way as well. Also, we have 3 WP8 phones and we use the Room feature for my family. Worked great for sending text to everyone in the family, grocery/shopping lists for my wife or I to pick up items from the store etc...  However, I have taken the dev preview of the WP8.1 update and now the OneNote document is no-longer part of the room. I was able to find it as another notebook on oneDrive.  However, the convenience of having it as part of the room is now lost.   :(

Deckyon

When I got my SP2, I was given 200GB space on OneDrive on top of the 25GB I already had.  I am using it more and more, especially since I use my iPhone 5S as my main camera and edit on the SP2.  Works great!

WolfJT

I've been using Sky/OneDrive since the inception. Does anyone remember using MS live-mesh for syncing? OneDrive works great and will only get even better.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I loved mesh. I used its rdp feature all the time. I also used it to synch my favorites folders and rss feeds across computers. I wish o could find something to do that.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Dave

Mesh was pretty darned cool.  I remember "meshing" in from CES and publishing podcasts from my hotel room but using my desktop at home to do all the heavy lifting.  Still can be done today but just a nice little memory of Mesh.

• Like 2

Kari

Yes, I use OneDrive/SkyDrive starting last fall when I bought my first Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 1020).  I am looking forward to having even more space on OneDrive when I switch from iPad 2 to Surface Pro 3 in the near future.  :) 

ImTheTypeOfGuy

After using for a while now I am starting to have an issue on my laptop. I normally only reboot about every two weeks. For some reason the on drive service will stop running. I can restart it but it stops within seconds. So now I have to reboot every week. Darn the madness.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Kari

I was disappointed to learn today that the Surface Pro 3 will not come with 200GB of free OneDrive space.  Bummer.

pfinter

Mesh was really cool. I liked being to save info on my computer at home from my laptop at work.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk